Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 21,449 reviews matching the search
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion. Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
Excellent employers very appreciate the people, so much fun, and they respect you and give you good training.the benefits are good, we have an awesome cafeteria, and gym.good communication.
benefits
Cons
A typical day consisted of greeting and assisting guests check-in while also handling phone calls and general back office work. Guest experience will obviously depend on location, so keep that in mind. Well-treated guests will return the favor, although some feel as if the benefits the loyalty program provides have decreased in qualify over time.
Pros
Discounted rooms
Cons
Guest experience varies
Marriott itself is a great company to work for. If you go to work at a Marriott, make sure that the management company itself is a good company to work for in your area. The company that manages that property can be horrible to work for even if it is under the Marriott flag. If you can work at a Corporately Managed Marriott, go for it!
Pros
Great Benefits, Great support
Cons
Working with difficult guests can be challenging
Best company I’ve ever worked in. The best. I got hired in 2019 and automatically since day one of orientation felt the warm welcoming from the Hotel Manager and executives. Definitely a different work experience.
Pros
Free lunch. Pay.
Cons
I have worked for both Marriott franchise and corporate divisions for more than 20 years and it's by far the best hotel organization. I have always been proud to work for Marriott and found that my experience transfers to other industries as well.
Overworked for not enough pay. Poor management. Not enough staff. Human resources is very negative and focused on issues that don't pertain to job. Great company but poorly run at location
I had no complaints honestly. Great place to work. Great pay. Great benefits. Great management. Great work culture. Loved everything about this place.
very catty environment. Management is big contribution to that. Disrespects and undermines staff in front of guests. very unprofessional workplace. Not much Opportunity for growth.
Pros
good money when busy
Cons
long unrealistic shifts, short breaks, catty environment with managers
They really take care of their associates first. Plenty of resources for learning and growing. Most of the people who work here treat you like family. And the benefits are really good.
a very busy hotel and with lots of learning opportunities, hard work on busy days but good location for tips, various outlets where you can work as a server.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
had to pay for parking
Marriott company cherishes their employees, there’s always an opportunity to advance to the next level. All though no company is without a few bumps here and there. They truly value their workers!
working for marriott depends on the property, at mine leadership is great. They truly have the spirit of marriott presented to you since day one. Good pay
Pros
free lunch, good pay
Cons
hard to get promotions on your property, you have to move around
Wonderful place to work,the environment that is created helps makes work easier we ensure that creating a safe and fun ambiance for our guest is our highest priority
OverallMy experience working at Marriott International, Inc was okay for the most part. Everyone was really nice and kind to me and I enjoyed it in the beginning. However, after a week of working at the Call center, I started to see how unorganized things were. The training was only two weeks and thats definitely not enough to learn the whole system in general. The management had messed up on my phone and it was ridiculous because I had bills to pay just like everyone else, and I expect to get paid on time at any place I’m at.
I enjoyed my job. I feel energized when I am at work . I feel very good when we as team exceed our customers expectations and make them feel welcomed.We delight and surprise our customers every day and also we create memorable moments for them everyday.
Pros
Employees opinions matter. Good benefits
Cons
Pay
Great hours, warm leads, great vacation packages to offer current owners or referrals. Excellent compensation and bonuses monthly. Not a lot of training offered was only negative.
Pros
See review
Cons
Training
One of the best companies to work for. Very organized with their procedure. Professional, focused and has plenty of opportunities to grow. Benefits are pretty great. I’ve learned a lot from this company. Highly recommended!
They don’t care about us just the money. Wouldn’t recommend. People can and complain about stuff we can’t resolve. All the managers care about is us personalizing our calls
Horrible pay and raises. Managers and HR reps constantly mention benefits being part of your pay. Micro management seems to the norm at least at the Marriott I worked at.
Pros
Hourly associates tend to be easy to work with
Cons
Low pay
this kitchen it is a mass and unsafe. The fact staff is zero experience, untrained. including the supervisor. the staff received a poor traning from excutive chef. most of the staff are not friendly, marriott its worth place you can work, they are users, they will hire you if they need cover up, but as soon as the busniess slow dowan they never gives you a respect or even they don't want hear you. its a worth place you can work, customers order food because of marriott name but be careful it bad quality food. the mplyees they are too lazy. they dont work.