Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 21,449 reviews matching the search
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion. Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. are we’re ok don’t give raisesOverallMy experience working at Marriott International, Inc. the staff was helpful nice.
great place, inclusive, all around great place to work, managers treat associates very fairly, coworkers are easy to get along with, positive atmosphere, would recommend
Es una empresa que decearia regresar de nuevo excelente empresa
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Hay descanso
There is a clear sense from top to bottom of what is important in the company - taking care of employees and guests. Great culture and always someone looking out for you and available to help you grow. Loved working here.
Pros
Environment
I have been with Marriott for over 15 years and I always went to a Marriott branded hotel each time I went to a new property, I was dedicated to Marriott and that is because I loved it! It is a great place to start for people that want to make hospitality & tourism their career. The company takes care of their employees, just like they take care of their guests and Mr. Marriott would not have it any other way!
Pros
Amazing growth potential, great benefits, hotel discount perks are awesome!
Cons
Pay for entry level positions is very low
La verdad aprendi mucho del jefe de mantenimiento y gracias a el soy lo q soy operador de piso mantenimiento y ademas la mejor de todas las cosas el husped hay que recibirlo con una excelente sonrisa y un calido saludo
Pros
Los viernes nada mas uno nos dieron chance de ir a jugar futbol y nos pagaron la renta de cancha
Cons
Muy mala administracion gerencia y prevencion
All good all ok everything is going well for you and your family a very happy and prosperous New year to you and yours as the day goes on I will be there at least you have
Over all working for the Marriott was good. I loved my work and interacting with patrons. For extra money I would work in banquets and I feel that was my passion but couldn’t continue to carry the trays full of food. It was an awesome job for me!
Pros
Reduce lunch prices
Cons
The pay
Marriott really takes care of their associates. They have very strong revenue management teams for the most part. Events staff is grossly underpaid, but that's an industry standard. Overall, the culture is a little too formal for my taste and I feel its difficult to be myself at work.
Pros
Good benefits, free lunches depending on location
Cons
Long hours (10 hr days expected)
- full training was given by company.- good fringe benefit from company. - take care of staff.- good workplace.- work life balance.- good teamwork.
Pros
-Free meal for a day
Entre en el servicio de catering con varios amigos y la verdad que a pesar de echar muchas horas en algunas ocasiones, el trabajo no se hacía muy pesado.
Love working for Marriott. Great discounts for hotels and free meals at work. Great guest interaction and work in a great team. Sometimes a big work load and not paid enough for the amount you do and knowledge and systems you need to know. No overtime paid
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
Not enough pay
Lo único que no me parece es que hay posiciones en las que yo puedo trabajar y no me quisieron dar la oportunidad de seguir trabajando con ustedes
They will try to accomidate u with ur work schedule if u have children in daycare or school if u have a early work schedule. Its takes alot to get fired from this company they believe in second chances.
Pros
The food is wondetful
Cons
Tne pay stinks
Working at Marriott International made me feel like I was in high school again. We are strictly monitored at all times and are not allowed to take restroom breaks without being chastised if they go over a certain amount of time. There were two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch depending on your shift and the last call you had before break. The customers were insufferable and though you may enforce the rules given to you, the managers would usually placate the customer in the end giving them what they asked for. The managers had favorites and would frequently bad mouth employees within earshot of others.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, lack of upward mobility
La directiva debe implementar política de un trato justo a los empleados manteniendo una ética sin importar el status de cada gerente o director
Pros
Servicio médico, almuerzo
Cons
Hay preferencia por empleados debería ser igual para todos por parte de la gerencia y directores
I have only been able to work at one hotel before the pandemic hit, so this is not a good overall picture. I highly did not enjoy my leadership and how they behaved unprofessionally, and this ultimately set the tone for everyone else. While opening a restaurant I got the flu, and had the flu for over a month due to not being able to take time off and staying sick.
Pros
Cheap lunch, not free.
Cons
short breaks, long days, inconsistent days off that can lead to 10-12 day stretches without any days off.
It is a call center, so be prepared for that. If you enjoy that, this is a great place to work. I miss my position as an ambassador and assisting my guests plan work and leisure trips. Management was always supportive when setting and assisting in achieving goals you set together.
Pros
Supportive management, you know what is expected of you daily
Cons
Must live within 50 miles of a center to work remotely.
Great place to work; flexible and supportive. Pay in less than outside the industry but inline with other hospitality groups. Manager's support in career growth.
Pros
flexibility, career growth
Cons
pay
I have enjoyed my time with Marriott. Leadership is always visible and has an open door policy for all. They are excited to share their vision for our property and the part each host plays in that vision. If you are a hard worker and are open with your leader about your career goals, they will work with you to develop a plan to get you where you want to be. There are lots of opportunities within the company.
Pros
Career Development/Opportunities.
Cons
None.