Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,446 reviews
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion. Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
J’ai beaucoup aimé travailler dans cette établissement
Pros
Super cool
Cons
Super cool
No review , they are perfect and I would not change a thing. Their organisation is the only one that I would like to retire from. They have a great pension plan and also, they give you the option to work still even if you are retired
Pros
Bicycle scheme
Cons
I learned a lot of skills working at the bistro within the Marriott. On a normal day in the morning, we would make many pots of coffee, set up the entire dining area and bistro area, prepare and cut fruit and yogurt cups, and much more. Oh, did I mention this was sometimes a job you had to do all by yourself? Yeah that’s where the difficult part comes in. This job can get crazy enough with 2 people, but sometimes we would be scheduled alone either due to staffing or budget issues and this would give me extreme anxiety. Imagine walking into any restaurant, you have a host, a waiter, a cook, a bus boy, and a dishwasher. Now imagine all of that by yourself for 6 hours during a dinner rush. Yeah not fun. In addition, the scheduling was absolutely atrocious due to staff shortages. Not only did we have solo shifts, but we also had people call out last minute, back to back shifts every single week, doubles, and it changed every single week. But like I said, this job taught me a lot of what I was capable of. Having Marriott on my resume will be a good look for the future and sometimes the pay was really good, it granted me the ability to move out for the first time. And the best part was the people I worked with, I never thought I’d find such camaraderie at a work place, but everyone was like a big family. Unfortunately my job got cut due to covid and was officially let go 2 weeks ago, so I thought I’d review it. Wasn’t the worst job, certainly not the best, but it paid the bills and taught me a lot about the food industry as a whole. Cheers!
Pros
Free meal, good pay, great people
Cons
Staff shortage, solo shifts, crazy schedule, low work life balance
good place too work at. many benefits to it especially if you like to travel and stay at their hotels. work life balance is good. work with alot of great people.
Everyday you see/learn something new. It’s exciting with a great culture. Associates are valued. Excellent training programs and advancement is encouraged
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Paid parking
lavoro collettivo ottimo,sereno e buona comunicazione.
Pros
buoni pasto
This is a fantastic job for someone who is in college. The job itself is not very difficult for training; I learned the system with ease. At the property I worked at, I was the only employee on shift, which does mean that you have to be able to think for yourself and complete tasks all on your own. Overall, I enjoy my experience there.
Pros
My managers were amazing!
Cons
Working at night has its own drawbacks.
I think the overall experience of this company is subpar. You can find a better company to work for with more benefits and better work-life balance. Experience is experience, but I don't credit Marriott as a company to have contributed much to who I am as a professional. They rescinded my offer during COVID with no severance pay and no opportunity to qualify for government assistance.
Pros
Gaining Experience
Great place to work . Only drawback is parking you can pay upto $30 a day if in season of $8 for non season. Management Salary Is low too . That’s the 2 reason I had to resign .
Pros
Free food, benefits, laundry
Cons
Late nights, expensive parking, low management salaries
My department unfortunately no longer exists because of the Coronavirus pandemic. I enjoyed my time at Marriott even though the work itself wasn't very challenging or something I was super passionate about. I was able to prioritize work/life balance while working a good job for a decent salary with very little stress. Hopefully the company and hospitality industry will be able to turn things around in the next year or two after the pandemic is under control.
Pros
Remote work, great team/coworkers, good hotel discounts
Cons
Too many inefficient processes
We work hard every day in the hot desert sun, but the atmosphere is fun and challenging. We are compensated very appropriately and the management team really does a great job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks
El ambiente laboral es muy relajado, se nota que existe una vibra de respeto y tolerancia por todos los compañeros, todos son muy amables y las instalaciones son muy cómodas.
provided cleanness for clients and customers who get a room there. Thee union provide resources for some of employees and helps them with different situations. This is a quality hotel. It has very special and i.pirtant guess
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
great coworkers, loved my team in all departments. felt like a family, but the pandemic showed true colors. would return if things went back to normal, but management was too irritating. procedures are more difficult than necessary. should have been given a raise with all the praise but HR,,, you know the rest.
Pros
good hours, good employees, benefits
Cons
short or no breaks, annoying management, unnecessary procedures
Love working for Marriott. Great atmosphere and leadership very helpful in moving you up the ladder. There is a reason people hav e made this company their whole career.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Usual hospitality pay range
A joke. Dont wadte your time. Pay is not even minimum wage. And they force you to work over your 8 hrs even after signing a availability form. They have their favorites and if your not it, well lets just say its not a good ending
Pros
Cons
sometimes no breaks no lunches. Made stay after past your 8 hrs
Great company. Nice benefits. Very busy. Always had to be on top of your game. Learned how to be more organized and production oriented. Quality of life was decent.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Having to use proprietary items all the time.
Good work to life balance and nice coworkers as well. Management knows what they are doing as well which helps in busy days. Everyone is respectful to each other.
Working for the Marriot was a well needed and accepted change from my previous location. The leadership at my location was phenomenal and friendly. The Chefs knew their trade and craft and were able to concisely express what and how they wanted their products and needs met. The overall atmosphere was welcoming and warm and the entire company as a whole treated you like a family and looked out for you and your best needs.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly staff and coworkers, skilled leadership
manager was racist, assistant manager was sleeping with the front desk girls and gave her a promotion because of it, replacement manager couldn't even issue a refund and had no experience. I was forced to work off the clock to cut down on overtime, because we did not have enough employees. I got called in all hours of the day, managers were disrespectful and sexist. no work life balance, guests were rude, pay was bad. I was the only one there with a degree including the managers. lots of HR issues but no actual HR (Signs were posted but when we tried to complain, they went to the manager instead of to an HR rep.) broken amenities such as phones in the handicapped room were covered up, elevators remained broken the entire time i worked there and my manager told me to lie to guests. theft occurred regularly, or housekeeping just threw lost and found items away and asked me to lie about them not finding them. stay/work anywhere else!!