Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,446 reviews
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion. Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
A great work environment and amazing coworkers/leadership, one of the best companies I worked for. Everyone is respectful and helpful. They really care about their associates and they take good care of them.
In my short time at Marriott, I can say so far this is one of the better companies I’ve worked at. They truly value employees, which makes me that much more motivated to do a good job at work.
Marriott works you hard, pays you little and claims that getting a small discount at any Marriott hotel makes up for the pay. It does not. Additionally there is never any time to use this discount as you are busy working all the time because it is impossible to maintain any sort of permanent front desk staff with the pay they offer them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything.
lots of growth opportunities. training opportunities are plentiful especially if will willing to move. Great benefits offered as well. Highly recommend.
this company is great to work for due to the benefits, environment, people. There is an awesome open door policy for the Sr Managment, self assessment process in place, and great room for growth.
they told me i was being terminated cause they was getting rid of all supervisor position they then told us we could drop down to be room attendant's but that was lie so it looks like we will be without a job starting November 6th
Management and leads are happy to help because everyone starts out in the same position. The hardest part are the guests you have to talk to, it can get pretty stressful. The best part is the relaxed environment everyone is pretty nice to eachother.
Pros
Breakroom has plenty of food to buy, coworkers are nice, management is helpful, benefits for full-time employees
Cons
Some guests are entitled, they want you to keep your call under 6 minutes
Working for Marriot is great, specifically The Worthington Renaissance for Toro Toro though, was a test of patience and willingness to put up with some bad ideas from management and the Owner group. A bit train wreck-ish right now. Good money though.
Pros
Money, location, benefits
Cons
Poor higher up management, constant changes, poor communication
Overall, I had fun at work and enjoyed what I did. We had no kitchen manager, so we were on our own most of the time. We had to show managers how to do some things.
Marriott Int'l is a fantastic company to work for - keep in mind if you work at a particular hotel - cultures may vary due to differences in leadership. Overall - the company offers great opportunities for advancement or to explore different disciplines, competitive benefits from a healthcare and 401K retirement saving plan standpoint, and the diversity among associates leads to learning and appreciation of others. They are the leader in the hospitality industry and promote a culture of taking care of associates so they can take care of the guests.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms
Cons
Hospitality is not for everyone. Must be thick skinned
Overall Marriott is a good place to work. There isn't much of a work life balance if you are in management but I think that is the case for most hospitality jobs. There is plenty of room for advancement especially if you are willing to relocate. They match 401k and offer decent benefits. I feel like most management is underpaid based on the amount of hours you work but they do have a nice culture.
Pros
Free lunch, 401k matching, benefits
Cons
No work life balance
I had the pleasure of working five years for this company. I can't even begin to express how much I loved my job. This is a great company with great employees overall. The hardest part of my job was not being able to spend that much time with my family. The most enjoyable would be getting to know all of the people I met on a daily basis.
nothing to change. great company and benefits... fantastic great work environment, nothing really else to say other than cool hotel perks yeah they are great too
!x par semaine on se rejoint par équipe pour revoir nos objectifs de chaque section, on parle de nos difficultés et de se qui devrait être améliorer. Il y a aussi des prix a gagner pour ceux qui arrivent en premier a accomplir les défis et augmenter la fidélité de nos invités.
Pros
Rabais dans les hotels de la chaine marriott partout dans le monde.
Cons
si ta personnalité ne s'adapte pas a eux, ils te le feront savoir!
Friendly co-workers, met a wide range of guests with different attitudes, and learned how to deal with stressful encounters. Overall a good company to work for.
Pros
Free lunch, employee discounts on hotel rooms, insurance, 401K, good company culture
Cons
Rude guests, slow season, work on weekends
Loved working for Marriott but COVID changed everything. Great team work and an amazing boss to help you succeed in your position. You get support from all departments when needed.
Emphasizes diversity in it's hiring practices. The majority of employees support day other and make sure they are aware of what the management preferences are.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Got hired on as a server in the inside restaurant and while most of my shift would be fine, the morning staff would be lazy and not take care of responsibilities. I'd end up having to take care of what they didn't all before my shift started which would include polishing dirty silverware left out on tables that they also didn't clean properly and refilling stock that they also didnt do.
Pros
Great work and get some fine dining experience
Cons
Lazy coworkers
Company it's great , management needs improvement good benifits company has a good view about familiy and lets you ajust recivie yearly rise could move around as task force in which helps for personal experience
Cons
I have a lot of experience working in Hotels and Office i am a Certified Front Desk Representative and Occupational Health and Safety Officer.I've been selected for employee of the year by my Front Office Manager as well as the General Manager of the Hotel.
Pros
Free Luch and Dinner
Cons
long one hour lunch break