Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,346 reviews
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion.
Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
very catty environment. Management is big contribution to that. Disrespects and undermines staff in front of guests. very unprofessional workplace. Not much Opportunity for growth.
Pros
good money when busy
Cons
long unrealistic shifts, short breaks, catty environment with managers
They really take care of their associates first. Plenty of resources for learning and growing. Most of the people who work here treat you like family. And the benefits are really good.
a very busy hotel and with lots of learning opportunities, hard work on busy days but good location for tips, various outlets where you can work as a server.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
had to pay for parking
Marriott company cherishes their employees, there’s always an opportunity to advance to the next level. All though no company is without a few bumps here and there. They truly value their workers!
working for marriott depends on the property, at mine leadership is great. They truly have the spirit of marriott presented to you since day one. Good pay
Pros
free lunch, good pay
Cons
hard to get promotions on your property, you have to move around
Wonderful place to work,the environment that is created helps makes work easier we ensure that creating a safe and fun ambiance for our guest is our highest priority
Overall
My experience working at Marriott International, Inc was okay for the most part. Everyone was really nice and kind to me and I enjoyed it in the beginning. However, after a week of working at the Call center, I started to see how unorganized things were. The training was only two weeks and thats definitely not enough to learn the whole system in general. The management had messed up on my phone and it was ridiculous because I had bills to pay just like everyone else, and I expect to get paid on time at any place I’m at.
I enjoyed my job. I feel energized when I am at work . I feel very good when we as team exceed our customers expectations and make them feel welcomed.We delight and surprise our customers every day and also we create memorable moments for them everyday.
Pros
Employees opinions matter. Good benefits
Cons
Pay
Great hours, warm leads, great vacation packages to offer current owners or referrals. Excellent compensation and bonuses monthly. Not a lot of training offered was only negative.
Pros
See review
Cons
Training
One of the best companies to work for. Very organized with their procedure. Professional, focused and has plenty of opportunities to grow. Benefits are pretty great. I’ve learned a lot from this company. Highly recommended!
They don’t care about us just the money. Wouldn’t recommend. People can and complain about stuff we can’t resolve. All the managers care about is us personalizing our calls
Horrible pay and raises. Managers and HR reps constantly mention benefits being part of your pay. Micro management seems to the norm at least at the Marriott I worked at.
Pros
Hourly associates tend to be easy to work with
Cons
Low pay
Pay & benefits
My pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. are we’re ok don’t give raises

Overall

My experience working at Marriott International, Inc. the staff was helpful nice.
great place, inclusive, all around great place to work, managers treat associates very fairly, coworkers are easy to get along with, positive atmosphere, would recommend
Es una empresa que decearia regresar de nuevo excelente empresa
Pros
Seguro medico
Cons
Hay descanso
There is a clear sense from top to bottom of what is important in the company - taking care of employees and guests. Great culture and always someone looking out for you and available to help you grow. Loved working here.
Pros
Environment
I have been with Marriott for over 15 years and I always went to a Marriott branded hotel each time I went to a new property, I was dedicated to Marriott and that is because I loved it! It is a great place to start for people that want to make hospitality & tourism their career. The company takes care of their employees, just like they take care of their guests and Mr. Marriott would not have it any other way!
Pros
Amazing growth potential, great benefits, hotel discount perks are awesome!
Cons
Pay for entry level positions is very low
Over all working for the Marriott was good. I loved my work and interacting with patrons. For extra money I would work in banquets and I feel that was my passion but couldn’t continue to carry the trays full of food. It was an awesome job for me!
Pros
Reduce lunch prices
Cons
The pay
Marriott really takes care of their associates. They have very strong revenue management teams for the most part. Events staff is grossly underpaid, but that's an industry standard. Overall, the culture is a little too formal for my taste and I feel its difficult to be myself at work.
Pros
Good benefits, free lunches depending on location
Cons
Long hours (10 hr days expected)
Entre en el servicio de catering con varios amigos y la verdad que a pesar de echar muchas horas en algunas ocasiones, el trabajo no se hacía muy pesado.