Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,346 reviews
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion.
Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
Love working for Marriott. Great discounts for hotels and free meals at work.
Great guest interaction and work in a great team.

Sometimes a big work load and not paid enough for the amount you do and knowledge and systems you need to know. No overtime paid
Pros
Travel discounts
Cons
Not enough pay
They will try to accomidate u with ur work schedule if u have children in daycare or school if u have a early work schedule. Its takes alot to get fired from this company they believe in second chances.
Pros
The food is wondetful
Cons
Tne pay stinks
Working at Marriott International made me feel like I was in high school again. We are strictly monitored at all times and are not allowed to take restroom breaks without being chastised if they go over a certain amount of time. There were two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch depending on your shift and the last call you had before break. The customers were insufferable and though you may enforce the rules given to you, the managers would usually placate the customer in the end giving them what they asked for. The managers had favorites and would frequently bad mouth employees within earshot of others.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, lack of upward mobility
La directiva debe implementar política de un trato justo a los empleados manteniendo una ética sin importar el status de cada gerente o director
Pros
Servicio médico, almuerzo
Cons
Hay preferencia por empleados debería ser igual para todos por parte de la gerencia y directores
I have only been able to work at one hotel before the pandemic hit, so this is not a good overall picture. I highly did not enjoy my leadership and how they behaved unprofessionally, and this ultimately set the tone for everyone else. While opening a restaurant I got the flu, and had the flu for over a month due to not being able to take time off and staying sick.
Pros
Cheap lunch, not free.
Cons
short breaks, long days, inconsistent days off that can lead to 10-12 day stretches without any days off.
It is a call center, so be prepared for that. If you enjoy that, this is a great place to work. I miss my position as an ambassador and assisting my guests plan work and leisure trips. Management was always supportive when setting and assisting in achieving goals you set together.
Pros
Supportive management, you know what is expected of you daily
Cons
Must live within 50 miles of a center to work remotely.
Great place to work; flexible and supportive. Pay in less than outside the industry but inline with other hospitality groups. Manager's support in career growth.
Pros
flexibility, career growth
Cons
pay
I have enjoyed my time with Marriott. Leadership is always visible and has an open door policy for all. They are excited to share their vision for our property and the part each host plays in that vision. If you are a hard worker and are open with your leader about your career goals, they will work with you to develop a plan to get you where you want to be. There are lots of opportunities within the company.
Pros
Career Development/Opportunities.
Cons
None.
Great place to work for the most part, its an easy job outside of the lack of good management. Head chef is super awesome and most of the staff work well as a team just a few bad apples that bring the entire experience to a low.
Pros
great money easy job
Cons
bad managers
Una empresa que permite crecer con calidad humana, siempre impulsando a sus socios a los cursos de capacitación para ser mejores en todo aspecto.
Pros
Seguros de vida, salud, prestaciones de ley
Worked for the company for over 20 years ,one day I was let go without any reason , have done so much for the company overcame a failure of 4 years brand standard before I took off and at the end I was told to leave for no reason.
Pros
Great company to grow with and gives you a wonderful future
Cons
They willlet you go wothout any notice and don't even mke right for you when yhey let you go
Excellent company to work for. Co workers are great. Management is excellent except for 1 or 2 people. Very unfair. Only 1 really needed a ethics class and proper management training.
good place too work at. many benefits to it especially if you like to travel and stay at their hotels. work life balance is good. work with alot of great people.
Everyday you see/learn something new. It’s exciting with a great culture. Associates are valued. Excellent training programs and advancement is encouraged
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Paid parking
lavoro collettivo ottimo,sereno e buona comunicazione.
Pros
buoni pasto
This is a fantastic job for someone who is in college. The job itself is not very difficult for training; I learned the system with ease. At the property I worked at, I was the only employee on shift, which does mean that you have to be able to think for yourself and complete tasks all on your own. Overall, I enjoy my experience there.
Pros
My managers were amazing!
Cons
Working at night has its own drawbacks.
I think the overall experience of this company is subpar. You can find a better company to work for with more benefits and better work-life balance. Experience is experience, but I don't credit Marriott as a company to have contributed much to who I am as a professional.

They rescinded my offer during COVID with no severance pay and no opportunity to qualify for government assistance.
Pros
Gaining Experience
Great place to work . Only drawback is parking you can pay upto $30 a day if in season of $8 for non season. Management Salary Is low too .
That’s the 2 reason I had to resign .
Pros
Free food, benefits, laundry
Cons
Late nights, expensive parking, low management salaries
My department unfortunately no longer exists because of the Coronavirus pandemic. I enjoyed my time at Marriott even though the work itself wasn't very challenging or something I was super passionate about. I was able to prioritize work/life balance while working a good job for a decent salary with very little stress. Hopefully the company and hospitality industry will be able to turn things around in the next year or two after the pandemic is under control.
Pros
Remote work, great team/coworkers, good hotel discounts
Cons
Too many inefficient processes
We work hard every day in the hot desert sun, but the atmosphere is fun and challenging. We are compensated very appropriately and the management team really does a great job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No breaks