Marriott International, Inc.
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,346 reviews
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion.
Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
provided cleanness for clients and customers who get a room there. Thee union provide resources for some of employees and helps them with different situations. This is a quality hotel. It has very special and i.pirtant guess
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
great coworkers, loved my team in all departments. felt like a family, but the pandemic showed true colors. would return if things went back to normal, but management was too irritating. procedures are more difficult than necessary. should have been given a raise with all the praise but HR,,, you know the rest.
Pros
good hours, good employees, benefits
Cons
short or no breaks, annoying management, unnecessary procedures
Love working for Marriott. Great atmosphere and leadership very helpful in moving you up the ladder. There is a reason people hav e made this company their whole career.
Pros
Career opportunities
Cons
Usual hospitality pay range
Great company. Nice benefits. Very busy. Always had to be on top of your game. Learned how to be more organized and production oriented. Quality of life was decent.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Having to use proprietary items all the time.
Good work to life balance and nice coworkers as well. Management knows what they are doing as well which helps in busy days. Everyone is respectful to each other.
Working for the Marriot was a well needed and accepted change from my previous location. The leadership at my location was phenomenal and friendly. The Chefs knew their trade and craft and were able to concisely express what and how they wanted their products and needs met. The overall atmosphere was welcoming and warm and the entire company as a whole treated you like a family and looked out for you and your best needs.
Pros
Great work environment, friendly staff and coworkers, skilled leadership
A great work environment and amazing coworkers/leadership, one of the best companies I worked for. Everyone is respectful and helpful. They really care about their associates and they take good care of them.
In my short time at Marriott, I can say so far this is one of the better companies I’ve worked at. They truly value employees, which makes me that much more motivated to do a good job at work.
Marriott works you hard, pays you little and claims that getting a small discount at any Marriott hotel makes up for the pay. It does not. Additionally there is never any time to use this discount as you are busy working all the time because it is impossible to maintain any sort of permanent front desk staff with the pay they offer them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything.
lots of growth opportunities. training opportunities are plentiful especially if will willing to move. Great benefits offered as well. Highly recommend.
this company is great to work for due to the benefits, environment, people. There is an awesome open door policy for the Sr Managment, self assessment process in place, and great room for growth.
they told me i was being terminated cause they was getting rid of all supervisor position they then told us we could drop down to be room attendant's but that was lie so it looks like we will be without a job starting November 6th
Management and leads are happy to help because everyone starts out in the same position. The hardest part are the guests you have to talk to, it can get pretty stressful. The best part is the relaxed environment everyone is pretty nice to eachother.
Pros
Breakroom has plenty of food to buy, coworkers are nice, management is helpful, benefits for full-time employees
Cons
Some guests are entitled, they want you to keep your call under 6 minutes
Overall, I had fun at work and enjoyed what I did. We had no kitchen manager, so we were on our own most of the time. We had to show managers how to do some things.
Marriott Int'l is a fantastic company to work for - keep in mind if you work at a particular hotel - cultures may vary due to differences in leadership. Overall - the company offers great opportunities for advancement or to explore different disciplines, competitive benefits from a healthcare and 401K retirement saving plan standpoint, and the diversity among associates leads to learning and appreciation of others. They are the leader in the hospitality industry and promote a culture of taking care of associates so they can take care of the guests.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms
Cons
Hospitality is not for everyone. Must be thick skinned
Overall Marriott is a good place to work. There isn't much of a work life balance if you are in management but I think that is the case for most hospitality jobs. There is plenty of room for advancement especially if you are willing to relocate. They match 401k and offer decent benefits. I feel like most management is underpaid based on the amount of hours you work but they do have a nice culture.
Pros
Free lunch, 401k matching, benefits
Cons
No work life balance
I had the pleasure of working five years for this company. I can't even begin to express how much I loved my job. This is a great company with great employees overall. The hardest part of my job was not being able to spend that much time with my family. The most enjoyable would be getting to know all of the people I met on a daily basis.
nothing to change. great company and benefits... fantastic great work environment, nothing really else to say other than cool hotel perks yeah they are great too
!x par semaine on se rejoint par équipe pour revoir nos objectifs de chaque section, on parle de nos difficultés et de se qui devrait être améliorer. Il y a aussi des prix a gagner pour ceux qui arrivent en premier a accomplir les défis et augmenter la fidélité de nos invités.
Pros
Rabais dans les hotels de la chaine marriott partout dans le monde.
Cons
si ta personnalité ne s'adapte pas a eux, ils te le feront savoir!
Friendly co-workers, met a wide range of guests with different attitudes, and learned how to deal with stressful encounters. Overall a good company to work for.
Pros
Free lunch, employee discounts on hotel rooms, insurance, 401K, good company culture
Cons
Rude guests, slow season, work on weekends