Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 21,346 reviews
Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion.
Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
Loved working for Marriott but COVID changed everything. Great team work and an amazing boss to help you succeed in your position. You get support from all departments when needed.
Emphasizes diversity in it's hiring practices. The majority of employees support day other and make sure they are aware of what the management preferences are.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Got hired on as a server in the inside restaurant and while most of my shift would be fine, the morning staff would be lazy and not take care of responsibilities. I'd end up having to take care of what they didn't all before my shift started which would include polishing dirty silverware left out on tables that they also didn't clean properly and refilling stock that they also didnt do.
Pros
Great work and get some fine dining experience
Cons
Lazy coworkers
Company it's great , management needs improvement good benifits company has a good view about familiy and lets you ajust recivie yearly rise could move around as task force in which helps for personal experience
Cons
It was great learning with the company, we get proper trainings related to your job and also to grow within the company. They take care of you and understand you.
Pros
Best
Cons
Na
The managers do not share a common goal. Instead they back stab one another and make each other's job difficult. They don't support each other and they are unprofessional.
Pros
Monthly company luncheon
Cons
No off days sometimes, No manager support
I worked at Corporate office as a Senior Financial Analyst. The job is not bad but you end up doing more work than you need. They don't have proper system to help you do your work. Mostly you use Macros Excel spreadsheet instead of using actual financial systems. Something that should take you 1 minute to do or pull (reports) it takes you 5 to 10 minutes to do because you don't have proper systems.
Pros
Great for advancement, they are tons of opportunity to move up the corp ladder if you want.
Cons
Pay, Systems, Work Life Balance (There is none)
I loved the job it was easy fun and something I like to do but I need more money and the Military pay was to much for me which included getting paid on the 6th and 21st of every month
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Healthcare
I loved my job at Marriott Harbor beach resort, but because of Covid 19
my job was eliminated. I was a supervisor for the pool/beach area for 13 years. I feel Marriott Intl. could of done more to help out seasoned employees. We have stood strong with Marriott through out our careers, with Openings/Closings remodeling and everything else they threw at us.

I was proud to be a Marriott associate .
Pros
working as a team together
Cons
some management expiration's
You knpw what your applying for. Good teamwork and management happy to help. Meals are provided can be difficult to have when busy. Good to build relationships with regilar giests.
Front desk is my first job, when I was live in France and I was student get a job wasn't easy but my boss give me this job for help me. This adventure opening much opportunities in 9 years I have get much experience.
Pros
Free for the team
Cons
Healthcare, long break
Very fun and they let me do homework there.
A typical day is busy and a lot of customers

I learned how to communicate with people

Nothing was hard about the job.
Although the pay isn't as great as competitors, Marriott was a great company to work for. I joined the company once they merged with Starwood Hotels and at first it was a little hectic (integrating systems, learning new programs/hotels/policies) but it turned into a very well oiled machine in no-time. I would absolutely return to the company in the future if the right opportunity presented itself.
Marriott really is an amazing company to work for from it's diverse associates, family like culture and the amazing benefits. I have worked for the company for over 15 years and have really enjoyed the amazing people I have met along the way, the memorable and fun opportunities and the incredible hotels I have been able to experience.
Pros
Amazing hotel benefits and discounts
Cons
Average pay
My experience at Marriott was very exciting and very informative.I learned a lot while working there and my colleagues were very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Late shifts
Tienen una manera de hacerte sentir bienvenido todo el tiempo, cuentan con personal capacitado para atender cualquier emergencia médica ya sea física o emocional.
Así mismo es una de las pocas empresas que realmente siento que se preocupa por sus empleados. Nunca me dieron nada malo que decir o para quejarme.
Pros
Salas de esparcimiento
Cons
Lugar relativamente pequeño para trabajar
This is easily the best company I've ever worked for. Compensation is decent and they actually care about their people. These are things that are hard to find.
Overall
Unfortunately Covid caused me to be displaced. If given the opportunity I would go back to Marriott. Great work life balance. Great pay and benefits. Great management.
I sometimes had a multitask job by myself due to a short employee but I smiled most of times. I learned a lot and this company treated me as a family.
Pros
Fair Pay and Flexible Work Hours
Cons
No Free Lunch and Short Employees
I have worked for Marriott for almost 3 years now, and I love it.
great benefits as well. the work culture is very inclusive, and they hire people from all walks of life.