Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Fredericton, NB

A typical day includes opening activities that usually last an hour, serving every guest with exceptional service during meal periods with the customers receiving everything they've requested. Prompt payment is taken and clientele must be invited back. During down time, various duties are to be completed such as polishing cutlery and glassware, sanitizing surfaces and busing tables. End of shift duties to close take approximately 45 minutes, which ensures success for morning crews. The hardest part of the job is learning to put customer needs as priority above all else. This includes when customers are unhappy and taking nearly any measures as means of service recovery. The best part of the job is the bonds created working so closely with other members of staff, from those you interact with during your daily duties, to the members of housekeeping and front desk whom you acquire intense respect for and dependencies upon their services.
Pros
$5 dollar meals that are directly deducted from pay
Cons
Inconsistent levels of business thus hours per week of work available
Lots of extra time. Earn extra points which can be turned into Gift Cards. Hours were until 100 am but we always had good breaks. Had a choice for sit down pods or stand up pods. Great team work.
Pros
Good lunch hour and a place to eat
Cons
Sometimes management was not so nice
The management do not care about their employees. I was repeatedly bullied by a supervisor and when I reported it, nothing was done. It was so stressful I had to take a leave of absence. When I came back, the bullying continued so I had to leave. I was never given an exit interview nor did anyone from hr or management ask why I was leaving. I have worked in call centres for 20 years and this one is by far the worst.
Good working environment. Fair wage. I didn't feel like a number even though I was working for a call center.
Professional location; wonderful staff and management; excellent medical benefits and pay.
Pros
Cons
It was shut down due to government funding
A typical day at work consisted of answering the many various types of phone calls related to hotel reservations. Answering questions about our services, products and properties. Making reservations, cancellations,modifications, etc. I learned alot about the various areas of the world, through the many properties we were in charge of taking reservations for. My management was great, always with constructive feedback, always willing to talk to us and help us out when need be. I had a lot of great coworkers as well, but the hardest part of the job at the time was when I got done each night. I was in school at the time also and did not finish work until late at night. My favorite part of the job was learning about the different properties, and areas in the world.
Pros
Discounted Hotels, Employee Treatment and Recoginition
Cons
Hours
Working there was by far the most rewarding, fun, loving, caring, professional place I have ever worked at. The employees, management, the boss, just EVERYONE were amazing to work around/for. And having the oppurtunity to talk to many different people all over the world, was an amazing experience for me.
Pros
Incentives, pineapple diamonds(customers wanted to speak to my supervisor to tell them how well I did), meet people from Marriott Hotels, have chances to win a free night stays at Marriott Hotels
Cons
There were none!
I really liked working there I the discount for the rooms was great the health benefits were awesome it is too bad that they closed the call center here in Fredericton
Upon arriving at the office, I review any new/revised information that may have been posted the night before, confirm any changes or updates to the current computer system and programs. Myself and co-workers are responsible for maintaining knowledge of over 2000 hotels worldwide and relaying informating to clients calling to make hotel reservations,book conferences, change dates, locations, etc. I work together with a team of 30-36 people meeting sales goals on a monthly basis as well as personal goals set daily regarding calls per hour, revenue, conversion and sales per hour.It is an ever changing work environment in a fast paced setting and I love the challange of meeting goals and setting the bar higher for myself and my team. I enjoy using my critical thinking skills and putting words into action when assisting irate clients/customers and solving problems and issues that arise from everyday tasks and reservations.
I enjoyed working at the Marriott, as the people are very friendly and I loved my job...I first started out on the phones, then quickly advanced to the Training Specialists Position...My typical day when not in the classroom environment training, was spent revamping the training environment to improve productivity and make things easier for setting up each new training session. For me there was nothing difficult about this job or working on the Sales Floor...I absolutely loved both jobs...
Pros
perks points - able to purchase things from an online catalogue
Cons
late nights when first starting for the company, but not that bad