Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Toronto, ON100 reviews
Great place to work . Only drawback is parking you can pay upto $30 a day if in season of $8 for non season. Management Salary Is low too .
That’s the 2 reason I had to resign .
Pros
Free food, benefits, laundry
Cons
Late nights, expensive parking, low management salaries
I love my job, I thank Marriott International for giving me the opportunity to work for them and enhance my skills and experience on the hospitality industry.
I've been working for Westin Harbour for just a few months but I feel I'm enjoying the work and having a wonderful Team at Housekeeping Department. My supervisor and manager are very much supportive and approachable.
The team I worked with, was amazing. Most of them have been working together for a long time, so there is lots of support from the entire team. There are plenty opportunities within the organization.
A very pleasant company to work for, specially if you are a newcomer to Canada. Some experiences are not great, but overall I really love this brand. It is constantly looking ways to improve the life of its employees, and most important the guests experience.
Nice place and good benefits. Fast paced and competitive environment. Excellent business ethics. Friendly work colleagues and decent compensation. Long work hours though
The job itself was fine but the manager (who is no longer there) was a nightmare. She would steal tips and issue out write ups for things that made no sense (like doing your a task too early or calling out drinks "too loudly").
I like working for Marriott it was a good company they treated us well I always felt like I matter and I recommend to anyone they are great plenty of chances to move up
A great company to work for! Lots of opportunity for growth and development. Supportive team and leadership. System driven. Very positively transparent company.
Marriott Inc is a great place to work. Always lots of projects on the go. Projects tend to have quick turnaround times. Flexible shifts and great benefits.
Pros
Work from home, flexible shifts, benefits.
Cons
Occasionally need to work longer to meet project timelines.
But that’s all you get, cut throat competition, very poor pay. No growth opportunities, very flat hierarchy, lot of stress all the time. Too much of politics in the team.
Management was open to suggestion, encourage career advancement. Flexible scheduling and reasonable workload. A typical day at work involve maintaining clean and comfortable environments from public areas such as hallways, lobby and the exterior of restaurant by vacuuming, cleaning windows and dusting.
Marriott International is one of the best companies I’ve been working for, it feels like second home, everyone treats you like family and you can make friends easily and get closer with. If I have the opportunity to work for them once more, I’ll do it without hesitation.
Pros
Great salaries, great compensations, great environment, non stressful
Cons
Hard to be promoted
Very positive and respectful work environment with a focus on training and personal growth. Based on the size of Marriott as a company the options are endless when it comes to positions and locations to work!
• Find an important company that offers me the opportunity to work, to acquire new knowledge’s and experiences.
• Develop my skills and knowledge’s that I learned in the university, also to practice and improve my foreign languages.

• To attain my professional and personal aims, contributing to the growth, to the achievement of objectives and goals that the company have established.
Due to the Hospitality Industry fluctuating throughout the months from busy to slow seasons, the slow seasons are the time to relax and catch up on lost work. Busy periods will require everyone to work together and work as a team to ensure guests needs are met beyond their expectations.
Seasoned staff who need support. Very busy, with multiple events going on at the same time. Many opportunitys to learn new tasks through multiple responsibilities.
No work life balance,
No appreciation,

HR is worst, have no idea

Management tries to put blame on others

Would never recommend anyone to work over here
As it relates to learning new techniques; there isn't much teaching this is left up to the employee (this is with regards to the kitchens that is) . however there are multiple opportunities with regard to learning about the culture of the hotel (not much focus placed on departmental training however). It is a high paced environment and with that comes stress. As it relates to pay the kitchen staff is paid lower in comparison to competing hotels at a similar level. The benefits are great.
A great opportunity for those in the hospitality industry, or wanting to get into it. The ability to transfer to another country after 1 year in a Management role.
Workplace culture is really fun! Higher management genuinely care about your success. Everyone is very professional and easy to talk to. Benefits are provided to full time employees, great location.