Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Durham

You knpw what your applying for. Good teamwork and management happy to help. Meals are provided can be difficult to have when busy. Good to build relationships with regilar giests.
Una grande compagnia alberghiera che mira a qualificare molto bene il suo personale nazionale e straniero, correggendo in maniera molto flessibile ed efficace le lagune del proprio Staff in fase di crescita ed opportunità di carriera.
all the work mates where spot on and i didnt wont to leave but had to for my own reasons and would love the chance to go back but in a different job role
This is a great place to work, fun and busy but id say that sometimes work can overrule your work life because its a 24 hours 7 days a week place.
Pros
cheaper rooms
Cons
Hard Work
Was made to feel highly unwelcome from my first day by most people apart from a few members of staff. Management are awful and had favourites, Two faced people everywhere and being belittled in front of people for some things which could have been resolved with proper training (which you do not receive!) Also horrible shift patterns!
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
Everything.
This Establishment was a great environment and a good place to work, the staff and management were all wonderful, but the hours in the job were too hard. throughout an 8 hour shift we would get up to 15 or more rooms to clean, with two 15 min breaks and an half an hour break too.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Always busy with being a city centre hotel, i have had a lot chance to progress myself with support from senior management.
I learned how to prepare and present food to a good standard of the Chefs' instructions. It was all enjoyable as it was a fun experience learning the basic things that are needed to work in a kitchen.
The job itself was decent, just a few factors which ruined it for me. I always started before buses and would have to get a lift in and would have to wait in durham from 5am to start at 7am. Some of the supervisors were a complete right off! Unhelpful, spiteful, sarcastic and generally just rude and nasty towards staff, although there was a few were decent ones there. I was made very unwelcome by a bunch of the staff already there and felt rather lonely on some shifts, although the main group of people I worked with I miss as they were great. You get a free uniform and free lunches on a 4 hour plus shift, long hours some days, pay was good a little more than other places for this type of work. On late finishes there was a staff minibus to take people home, although I was told due to being on a zero hour contract I didn't benefit from it! Causing me having to walk 4.5 miles home an hours sleep and then back in again! Good for some and bad for some guess I was just unlucky.
Pros
Free uniform, free lunch, some colleagues, wage.
Cons
Long hours, early starts, bad supervisors.