Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Cork

Marriott is a worldwide hospitality company. It offers many chances for relocation and promotion. Workplace is fun and people are treated like if they were family.
Buen ambiente laboral multicultural. Buenas instalaciones con sala de descansos y cantina. A mejorar la comunicación interna.
Really bad work environment Zero help from managers English line over 100 calls a day You only hang around your language team No social life nor a life in general
Productive and fun workplace and not stressful at all. I work from 8.00 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday and even one day a week from home. I couldn't imagine a better place where to work.
I've learned a lot during my time with the company, I have been promoted several times through different departments and always had great support and help from my teams
If you are planning to work in the multinational office corporation environment this is a very good opportunity. Good starter of open minded young multilingual candidates.
Great place to learn everything you know about customer service, Had the pleasure of Starting with Starwood before it became Marriott and very grateful for everything I was thought. Hard work does pay off :)
Enthusiastic and Self-motivated, Level 5 in Retail/ Customer Service. Excellent organisational, communication and multi-tasking skills gained from my 7years work experience. Have also acquired Knowledge in culinary, merchandising and sales representative. Proactive, highly motivated, Ambitious person who achieves results through people and by setting achievable strategic quality plans. Results-driven with willingness to learn and work both autonomously, when pressured and as part of a team.
I loved work when the company was Starwood, now with the merge with marriott, it's a mess. New system that nobody knows work with. There no support for that system. all associates are in big level of stress at this moment.
Pros
Healthy insurance
Cons
salary, shifts
It’s a company that opens the doors to success. Literary call after call. No time to have a sip of water between the call. Good environment, interesting job, nice people, easy to be hired, good training
It is a good compnay with a good reputation. Call cneter not too busy. The team is the best, very helpful. The salary could be higher. The office is in a good location.
Messy place, employees have no possibilities to book vacations, I was working for many companies and I can notice the difference between strategy in here and in previous companies.
The workplace environment was very controlled and quite boring either due to high volume of stressful work or complete lack of tasks with no inbetween
Pros
Good salary and benefits
Cons
Everything else about the job sucks
Poor salary, poor management, but nice colleagues, very supportive. The HR team is not that helpful. Though, it was still a good time working there. Too many calls
Pros
Hotels discount/job location
Cons
poor management
Um dia comum de trabalho consistia em estar em contacto com clientes por telefone e por email, apartir do meu proprio posto de trabalho nas instalações da empresa. A maior aprendizagem que obtive desta experiência profissional foi a aptidão em comunicar com qualquer tipo de cliente, de diversas nacionalidades, e a facilidade em expressar-me devidamente de acordo com as minhas funções.
I am currently working for Marriott international, I really like the staff and working in a multicultural environment, but in the english line i receive around 80 calls per day, which i believe its to much.
Pros
benefits, environment
Cons
to many calls, salary
The culture and people at Starwood are wonderful - they play as a team and do the right thing for customers. Management are approachable and open to suggestions. Mistakes are genuinely considered as learning opportunities. Taking calls all day can be gruelling, but there are plenty of opportunities for progression to other duties/roles.
whilst working at starwood hotels & resorts I gained valuable customer service skills which helped me in work and as well in my life. I have met some great people from all over the world
Pros
Great colleagues
Cons
Friends Politics
Good experience, Fun place to work. Company focused in Customer Quality and Experience. Fantastic location, near of public transportation. Fantastic benefits.
I loved it, The staff was great and the atmosphere was positive. The reason I left the job was because I was resuming with University. Now I have left my course to figure out what I really want to do in Life.
Pros
small breaks by the hour
Cons
The co workers in my department are great to work with. The management is trying their best but are still some issues which are not solved, also the salaries are not really good. The most enjoyable part is the team work
Pros
sometimes free coffe. tea
Cons
long hours, no promovations