Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Dublin

Great Company for people who love to work in challenging environment. High quality service with extremely busy time management. Perfect pleace for people who are able to resolve problems creatively.
Unless you wore a suit you were treated like dirty on the bottom of the shoes of those that did wear suits. C&B=Long hours, no finish time, shifts back to back, often no food on your break, extremely dangerous expectations on staff to move heavy furniture and equipment, managers that could not organise a p*ss up in a brewery. The only good thing about the job was the unbreakable bond of the team forged through16 hour shifts and being deliriously underfed.
Busy, fast paced place, huge loyalty program - really challenging. There is opportunity to progress and relocate around the world, impressive number of locations.
The job was exhausting, couldn't walk the next morning (and i am used to physical work). Supervisors doesn't care about anything, unless they need something. Same story with the management, 2 out of 5 people was nice. While working there, it was the lowest point of my life, felt like a slave every day. Always need to follow and write down my hours, always had problems at the end of the month. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone, unless you need a job straight away. They would hire anyone, because no one wants to work for them. Lunch 9 out of 10 times was horrible, everything tastes like it was made a week ago. If you are reading this, please don't apply there. I know you can find a better job.
This was a new line of business for me. It was a sales role but different to selling IT. I learned how to use a new sales tool which is generic to all large hotels so I now have the knowledge that can be brought with me if I decide to look for employment in the hotel industry in the future.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Travel
This multinational hospitality organisation was both fun and challenging with amazing development opportunities. I had the opportunity to work with the best professionals in the business and learn and lead in this environment.
excellent management,its an international group so has high standards of training provided.
Pros
online training
Cons