Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Pune, Maharashtra

A great place to learn and grow. a very good work environment. I learnt about HR. The culture promotes working together and a happy workplace. Most enjoyable part of the job is to be one point contact for associate related queries and assisting them with their resolution.
It a pleasure to work with this industry.Whatever I have facing problems to my work palced ,they take care well . We are working together like a as team and together we are better .
Was a good learning experience and very hands on job. I enjoyed working there because the internship was in all the department. I first stared in front office department where i learned how to use the opera system and helped to me grow my interpersonal skills.
You can get opportunity to work with great experienced staff and friendly environment..it is the best place to work and gain knowledge. If you work in a merriott property anyone will hire in future because of its brand and the quality of job
Learned a lot about the Marriott brand,micros,Marriott bonvoy program.how to handle no. Of guests during operations carried out in food and beverage outlets.
I worked in Marriott for almost 7 years and would love to work again and its all about working culture and environment. Gives you opportunity to do what you love and passionate about.
Good to learn and experience a job title also opportunity to develop out self and knowledge. Staff is also very good and supportive but some people can be heritet you
process oriented, customer focussed, should be always on the toes, fun and enjoyment on the job, rewards and recognitions are very good. very good place to learn and develop yourself as a professional.
Pros
free lunches, breakfast, clothes, laundry etc
Cons
long working hours
I like to work for this group. I have earned new rules & regulations and new services to available too guest. This group is one of the biggest chains all over the world.
When I started working for this company from it pre-opening phase, it was a very healthy environment. But, once the HR Director got replaced twice, the management style was extremely chaotic. There were many unethical practices going on in the department such as total disregard for employee career growth. I was fortunate that I got work experience in multiple domains of HR.
Pros
Free lunches, discounted room tariffs and restaurant dining
Cons
Terrible HR Leadership
Been a part of the organisation at different levels for over a period of 3 years. - Great learning experience in Guest handling, - Positive and fun loving workplace culture. - Great opportunities for growth
Pros
Associate discounts across the globe
learnt a lot during my tanning period management and colleagues were really very supportive and always guide us how to adopt the hotel culture and atmosphere.
Best place to work and help to groom the associate for their future endeavour. Gave the proper training to improve the basics and to be the future team handler
Pros
Best workplace
Cons
This hotel is one of the finest hotel in Pune, You can learn lot from this property. Good Work culture, nice people. Very good hotel for growth in Hospitality industry.
There was no work-life balance whatsoever. Hours are long and tedious, but work colleagues made it bearable. Managers are task masters and new recruits are heavily reprimanded for a task done wrong. Salary is extremely low and overall promotion rate is low as well.
Pros
free meals
Cons
too many to list!
Work life balance is really valued in Marriot international.With stringent time line by HR and super active learning and development culture in the organisation
a regular 10-12 hours long shift with experienced workmates, basic food and beverage preparation and service, learned to use new equipment like potato peeler, gravity slicer and many more, management was very understanding and cooperative to the staff, workplace culture was very diverse because the employees were from different regions of the country, it was very hard to work at the banquet hall because the working hours are very long with no breaks and no time for food also, the best part of the work was at the end of the day i was performing those tasks which i liked to do.
Pros
two meals per day
Cons
long working hours as well as low salery
no set shift timmings, no involvement of HR on how many hours you work/ over time. Week offs may get cancelled if schedule is busy. work is not appreaciated. No increment in salary.
It's been amazing to work with such a wonderful organisation. Management has a friendly and positive approach. Helpful co-workers. Marriott is a great brand to work with and more appealing for clients, further making it easier to endorse.
Pros
Liberty to manage time
Cons
Pick up - drop
Marriott is best company to work for I never felt I am working for company whenever you work you always feel that you are home means the environment of among you is always a freedom fully. In four years of experience in Marriott, the management and company both are pushing me to grow up in my career
Pros
right environment, great place to work, fair policies for everyone, everyone is same no matter on which position they are belongs to
Cons
not because of company but industry is same like everywhere, always long hour no social life nor personal life and appericiation is less in internal management
After work in Marriott learn different experience different things different cultures and seen lots of opportunities about growth...