Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Albuquerque, NM

Very fun and they let me do homework there.A typical day is busy and a lot of customersI learned how to communicate with people Nothing was hard about the job.
Working at the hotel was a little stressful. They had me work ten days in a row with different shifts. I was doing more than I should've and sometimes that would cause me to fall behind.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Would have to leave my break early sometimes to take amenities to customers.
The prices on the rooms are ok and complementary breakfast close be restaurant very affordable place to go and most of all the balloon fiesta which brings more people to hotel
Working at my particular Marriott has been a great experience. It currently still is my current place of work. I enjoy the fact that I am given the tools I need to succeed and the freedom to make decisions in order to take care of the guests!
No support from management of you aren't willing to give all of your time and energy to the company for Cents above minimum wage Company climbs on the backs of it's employees to make huge profits while.all the employees make just enough to stay above poverty line. Managers take bonuses and rewards for employees quiting in place of being fired so they drive you out when you have lost your usefulness to the company.
A lot of work for not much money. Not much to add other than that without giving away who I am. For the amount of work Night Audit does they really should hire an accountant.
Work environment was fast- paced and sometimes very stressful, but departments communicated well and assisted each other to provide quality service to every guest.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Sometimes very busy
No work for two weeks, which is why I have to get more work. Supervisor was not able to let me know in a timely manner and I have not heard back from either supervisor. Really disappointed.
Work experience was very long. Great co workers who were willing to help. Managers were unreliable, didnt give enough detail. Straight froward. Needed more time preperation. Payment was excelent as a good seasonal pay. Hardly had scedules printed out at the right time.
Pros
Deserts and pay
Cons
Workers understanding, poor managment.
I worked here for two years. I learned to manage a 411 room hotel by my self on an 8 hour shift over night. I also got management skills with other associates due to my supervisor position.
Thank u for the opportunity to work for this company . Learned much needed guest service skills. Love communicating with guests. Making their stay exceptional
But overall I like the job I’d recommend working nights because the days don’t get much business. And if you choose to work banquets you only get your hourly pay you don’t get tipped out for each banquet.
Pros
Free lunch
very good work ,and good salary, good persons, good work commitment very content of that job very good attention to employees a very good place to work
It was a really good paying job you would just have to make coffee and serve people food and which I enjoyed talking to the customers but the management was very poor leaving the servers with no supplies or anything to serve.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Not really good tips
Working in the hospitality industry for Marriott was a great experience. Over all employee morale was good. Management was engaging and shared knowledge and company information with all employees and brought us all together and a team.
Pros
Discounted meals, great management staff
If you're looking to gain some experience with customer service, interpersonal communications, multitasking and have a good understanding of what it takes to be able to work in guest services effectively, this is a good job. I recommend it if you're looking for the experience, but it can wear you down after a while as pay isn't that great
Pros
Free lunches, builds experience
As a supervisor my responsibility was to assure that the department ran smoothly. I would keep my staff busy with work, and made sure that they served their guest in a prompt and gracious manner. However, the incompetent management that supervised me was lazy and made a lot of extra work for me. I found myself working 6-7 day weeks frequently, while also doing jobs that were originally responsibilities above my pay grade; such as making schedules and ordering supplies.
Pros
free lunch and cheap hotel stays
Cons
over worked and under paid
The Albuquerque Airport Sheraton hotel sucked out my soul. I had too many daily tasks too do and not nearly enough time to do them all. That, and the fact that my position, the night dishwasher, was responsible for washing every last plate, utensil, pan, etc., before leaving. Those two things combined to make an absolutely excruciating experience. And God forbid if there was a banquet or anything that took time and attention away from your regular duties. All of this is okay if you are a fast worker. But I am not, and I was miserable at this place.
Being a Chief Concierge was a great experience. I learned about the hospitality business. I liked taking care of the guests. It was fun meeting people from all over the country and world. Working major holidays was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
getting to know restaurant and spa owners and other Concierges form ABQ and Santa Fe
Cons
Dealing with unruly guests
It was great place to work nice people and great atmosphere. We did have 3 front desk supervisors but other then that people lasted. Great location too. Always busy
Work environment is typically low-key, very guest-oriented. Management strives to create an open and comfortable communication style that allows all staff to share ideas and concerns.