Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Annapolis, MD

Good benefits. Great open door policy. Flexible schedules. Easy transferring between departments within the hotel. I would recommend this company as an employer.
Marriott is great company to work for i loved it here. paid time off is great. the staff and bosses are great, I just loved my time here, i wish i could never leave.
This is a wonderful place to work for. The staff is like one big family. Such a pleasure to work there and you feel valued which makes the job even more rewarding.
Absolutely loved working here, however became a stay at home mom, of three and couldn't keep up with the hours and the balance. Would definitely go back to this property.
There is nothing like working at a hotel. People from all walks of life work there and stay there. Very interesting, challenging and fun. Certainly glad I had that experience.
As a maintenance tech the first thing that i would do is get the list of jobs that had to be done for the day and proceeded to the workshop. After that i would start my day going through the list of jobs and take care of anything else that came up.
Pros
staff
Cons
money
Always busy with volume out growing physical plant many years ago. Food has evolved from everything fresh made to about half fresh made to keep up with increased volume. Management is very transient while hourly staff has remained solid with many staff members working here over 10 years. Culture is very lax on discipline with several areas being allowed to maintain themselves with little management influence. 12 hour days are too often especially in the summer. When you finish a day here it is a great accomplishment and fulfilling.
Pros
As a Chef I have freedom to do anything i want with the menus
Cons
The quality of the talent pool in Annapolis is very shallow
I was born to live Marriott. My father worked for Marriott over 42 years. So I grew up knowing the quality that Marriott offers. There employees are a family. They take showing cooperation and style very serious. Marriott taught me to see the beauty in hotels. From the General Manager to the Concierge. Everyone is trained to know the Marriott style, I love this place, yesss and you will too....
Pros
All the benefits you could want in a company
Cons
ummmmmmm NOTHING
You get no support or communication from management, and good employees are pushed aside to keep the lazy ones happy. No support or sense of belonging, and no one actually works. They all try to push their duties on others. Managers sit on their butts, never show up on time, and expect everyone else to do everything for them. Also very little training before you are forced to work by yourself and looking stupid because you know nothing and no one has taught you anything. Not to mention, there is constant drama. Pay isn't great, just ok. Benefits are ok. You get a discount at Starwood hotels, but even that's not all that great. Basically, don't bother.
Pros
Starwood discount, employee meals for night audit, staff cafe for daytime
Cons
Management 100%, drama at front desk
I was completely involved in this job. I helped develop a training program from scratch. I was also part of team that develop marketing strategy as well as brand development. Strong commitment to profit and loss from budgeting to final analysis.
Pros
I was part of solutions
Cons
I loved working at the Westin! Management was great, everyone was friendly, and I enjoyed working as a PBX operator. Every job had it's ups and downs but we made the best of it!
All in all a wonderful place to work. Great opportunity for success and advancement. Pay and Benefits are decent as well.
meh its a living i guess. The managers never know what they're doing, and they blame us for poor training. It wasnt bad but unless you kiss butt you'll be treated badly. Anyone higher up is NEVER at fault. and if they're worked here longer and dont like you quit now. Its like HS
Great environment as being the best hotel in Annapolis. Great team members who all work together for the bottom line, which is the customers. Company always looking to promote within. Must be able to deal with high maintenance clients, which is typical for this brand.
Pros
Free lunch, Salary, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Long days at times
as was looking forward to getting to work there. It's a team atmosphere. The co-worker are friendly and great to hanging around with.
very steady paced job funny and laid back people awsome place to be
Pros
free lunch and breaks
I worked both 7-4 and 3-11 shifts, starting with no knowlegde of the general area.. This was my favourite hotel job as the hotel was right on the water and we had a bar out on the dock and people could tie up for the night, for a fee. Met lots of famous people there. Fabulous huge weddings and banquets..vwery wealthy area..Again, management and co-workers changed often, but I am still in touch with some of them also, which means a great deal. The hardest part was bus loads of guests from a certain government agency in DC would come in and all have to pay in advance with $20 travellers checks..a yearly occurance. the most enjoyable part was the celebratory feeling that was there all the time because of being by the water
Pros
fun job
Cons
no where to park