Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Auburn Hills, MI

I work there as a housekeeper and although adjusting to the physical aspect of the job was a challenge, the people are great and really care about the guests and the company. Advancement there is you are willing to put in the effort. Cross training with other departments is highly advised.
I was offered a full time position but was used as a temporary employee to fill in for someone on vacation. I was told this after working for a few days at the location by a co-worker but told something else by manager.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Deception
To much favoritism at this Marriott. Beware....if you rub the manager making the schedule the wrong way, you will probably have a horrible schedule weekly. Don’t take a vacation, because when you get back, you’ll pay by working like 8 days in a row. There is very little empathy from some of the management staff, if you aren’t well, some managers will still write you up from missing work, unless you’re a favorite. They say we are a team or a family, yet they have forked tongues because they show favoritism towards some staff causing division. Why are managers and employees hanging out? That m, to me, is unprofessional. Supervisors having inappropriate relationships with employees? Making sure said employees has what they request in the way of schedules and requests off. So I guess, become a favorite and you’ll be just fine. Micromanagement is the norm if you are not a favorite. Repeatedly stating the same thing over and over as if you are stupid and lack common sense. Get written up for the dumpiest things possible...because someone didn’t fill out a drop envelop the right way???? So much control from some managers, you feel like you can’t do anything right...feel like your just a body filling space until someone else comes along and replaces you. Family? Team?? So delusional if you ask me. So many people I have trained have told me about the attitude of one particular manager who is so controlling and micromanaging. They end up leaving under weird circumstances, not because they don’t want to work, but because this particular manager is controlling. There is no room for - more...
Pros
Benefits package
Cons
Mostly everything else
Marriott is a great company to work for, the benefits are great no other company offer benefits like Marriott International . I really enjoyed m time and would like to have a job offer back with the Marriott Corporation the culture is great the work life balance is also great
Pros
Cons
long work hours
This place is a joke, the company does not care, the management is shady. Stay away from Marriott anything at all cost, espeically if your going to sleep in a hotel, ask for fresh cleaned sheets.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK answer telephone calls from guests seeking to make or cancel hotel reservations. They greet arriving guests, assign rooms, issue keys, and collect guest payment and billing information. ... Upon checkout, agents calculate the guest's final bill and collect payments.
I know all of the management from the GM down has changed since I have worked here. I left because I had just had my 3 child and needed a job with more flexibility.
I worked in all department of the Hotel from back office to housekeeping supervisor and the management was great...I loves each day I had to work because everone was great
Pros
Great Benefits and really fun to work there, never boring
I love this company. I truly enjoy learning new things about the ins and outs of Marriott. I get to meet people from all over the world!
The supervisor would go in the rooms before us housekeepers, checks were shorted. I reported the problems and nothing got fixed.
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Supervisor taking tips and who knows what else
Cooked and supervised for banquets, as well as the hotel restaurant.
Pros
Good benefits