Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

very long hours, somewhat decent pay but must pay for own parking. No breaks - micro managed - can't tell who's running the show - chance for advancement
Pros
great location
Cons
must pay for parking
Typical call center environment. Denied adequate time to sterilize or wash hands in a close call center environment.Denied severity of outbreak at facility until multiple employees were affected.During Covid outbreak was forced to lie repeatedly to customers about severity and safety measures in place. Forced to lie about bedbug infestations at locations.Forced to lie about availability to "get the sale". Marriott / Starwood wants your money and will say anything to get it.
Pros
Pay was average
Cons
I had 9 bosses that micromanged against each other, Company as a whole endangered countless people with covid denial
Calls back to back. Understanding covid-19. But make sure all of your Marriott customers are handled and taking care of asap before anything. If that means understanding people are going through some challenging times coming back to work after the covid-19. Make sure you guys treat them very well and respect them for their commitment to get the job done no matter what.
They don’t care about us just the money. Wouldn’t recommend. People can and complain about stuff we can’t resolve. All the managers care about is us personalizing our calls
There is a clear sense from top to bottom of what is important in the company - taking care of employees and guests. Great culture and always someone looking out for you and available to help you grow. Loved working here.
Pros
Environment
Working at Marriott International made me feel like I was in high school again. We are strictly monitored at all times and are not allowed to take restroom breaks without being chastised if they go over a certain amount of time. There were two 15 minute breaks and one 30 minute lunch depending on your shift and the last call you had before break. The customers were insufferable and though you may enforce the rules given to you, the managers would usually placate the customer in the end giving them what they asked for. The managers had favorites and would frequently bad mouth employees within earshot of others.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
short breaks, healthcare, lack of upward mobility
Marriott itself is a decent company to work with. If you get a job with them, make sure it’s not in the call center but instead at a hotel directly. You’ll feel more welcomed and not talked about by everyone. You can’t confidently speak to any of them managers. Even when they’re begging you to tell them what’s up. I walked up on two managers (one being HR) gossiping about the exact things I told another person. They’re immature and will spread rumors about you. If you ever decide to step foot in this place, make sure you’re there to SELL, although during the interview process they told me it wasn’t a sales job!!!!! Lies!!!
Cons
I love this job. There is always room for advancing. The management keeps you on task. You get a good discount on the rooms. This company really takes care of people.
Pros
Your manager keeps you on track with your goals.
Cons
No complaints.
I enjoy working with everyone. I have learned a lot about customer service,once again. I feel good about my skills and accomplishments with this company.
Marriott is a very large company with lots of opportunity. They focus on success and driving results. The company also has work from home options which provide flexibility.
Nice business,work there for a good administrative start.I liked the differnt experiance gained from working mainrtenance to working front desk and moving into the lobby.
Well structured, business and guest satisfaction focused culture placing high values on brand standards and associate growth and development. Goal driven for results, it is a great place to develop your career and grow your abilities as a hotelier.
Great team, good supervisors, that's my motivation as I settle into this new job. I am new and have no much to say at this moment. I will just see and wait it out.
High turnover rate I was let go on accusations of something I did not do and I was a very good employee according to management I was prompted twice so advancement is very possible
This company has great hotel staff and also work outings with company they really care about there employees and guests great hotel discounts for employees
I have never worked in a company that they want to make you a better person and employee. Never skimp on training for us employees and always there to help and assist with any issues. It is a great job. I will always recommend this place
Pros
Fun atmosphere
Cons
Late hours
Friendly environment. Always going an extra mile willing to learn new things. Completed an awesome satisfaction of my duties. Booking reservations for people.
It’s good but way to long to do this. My company is a good company to work for. it’s just no longer the job for me so, I need to find something else I would like to do.
The only good thing about this job is the pay and room discounts. The actual job is very stressful they want u to meet unrealistic goals to advance. They promise advancement but it doesnt happen..i worked at the company for 3 years got promised a promotion and never got training for it. Management is bad they pick favorites.My manager harassed me everyday and HR did nothing about it
Stringent schedule. Must clock in on time, no earlier and no later. Micromanagement constantly with no room for errors. Continual fear of reprisal and unethical management. Unfair deadlines and assignments that are not attainable. The best part of my 12 years was working in the marketing department where I enjoyed, to the fullest, my job and its content.
Marriott Intl. is a great company to work for. I enjoyed the work atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff and everyone worked together to make everthing to go smooth and perfectly.
Pros
discounts, jobs wherever you want to live
Cons
non