Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Baltimore, MD

I love working for this company great managers good Benefits a lot work fun place to work for your get to meet a lot of ppl they care about this employees love it .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break health care good job
They will try to accomidate u with ur work schedule if u have children in daycare or school if u have a early work schedule. Its takes alot to get fired from this company they believe in second chances.
Pros
The food is wondetful
Cons
Tne pay stinks
My review is based on my Marriott Work Family, together we made everyday special for ourselves so that we can make our guests feel special, welcomed and happy
Pros
Good hot hearty lunches
Cons
Health care package was awesome
Loved working at Marriott. Managers were amazing. Customers were great. Enjoyed preparing cocktails and increasing sales. Was rewarded several times for exemplary customer service skills. Thank you Marriott for a great work experience.
Poor work environment. They are care more about the guests needs and feelings more so than there own employees. They put the employee needs as last on there to do list.
I parted with this company is because I was injured on the job I am having a very tough time getting my settlement for my injury but if you work here just be careful carefill
Got to clean the rooms after people check and before They check in got to make sure the beds are fully made and make sure that the room smells pretty good
Productive, business focus, learning culture. I enjoyed developing others, Marriott offers competitive training, Also offers opportunities in different disciplines for Management and Non-management.
We want our guest to be happy with the service that we can provide for them. Hospitality is key to wherever you stay . We strive to give our guests the best service possible so they won’t hesitate to come back!
great comapny to work for. There was something new everyday given the location of the hotel i worked at. My Security Director and Supervisors were very helpful in my development.
this job was fair to me at all. I had lost some loves ones last year starting with my father, mother, and my younger son. I was going through a lot at the time. some of the workers were very passionate but they had their picks and their favorites.
The company is very big on excellent customer service. The company is well known for promoting employees throughout the company. The company offers a great benefits package to their associates.
The Marriott overall mentors and takes care of it's employees and ranks very high compared to other companies and/or organizations I've worked for. They have Great Benefits including an outstanding 401K and great pay for the position I hold. A typical day as a Bartender starts by setting up the bar and learning what the items presented for the day are like soup and vegetable of the day and setting the bar up to service the guests when the bar opens. The Bartending job is very fast-paced and you must move and think on your feet fast which is the hardest part of the job.
Marriott seems to breed an air of arrogance that makes it so unappealing year after year I work here. There is nothing hospitable about the hospitality industry. I have seen some great people come to work for Marriott and leave as hollow shells of the former person they used to be
Warning don’t work at Marriott. You will be very sorry if you do. What a messed up company. The HR directors and senior manager are corrupt, to include the internal investigation staff
I was a housekeeping running helping to guess with everything they would like and everything they would need an eighth of a thing that I can assist him with
Great staring opportunities Great pay Amazing Benefits nice paid leave accommodating with family emergencies lack of management and or high turnover lead to inconstancy fired me over a 9 dollar discrepancy and didn't have my back very corporate
I have been with marriott for 5 years and recently went to an on-call status. BIGGEST MISTAKE! I miss the people there so much and the pay and benefits for the work performed is UNBEATABLE!
I worked at the Marriott Waterfront in Baltimore in 2001 and the job started off great. The employees were good to get along with at first and the benefits are good. I received a pay raise not long after working there and I liked the fact that the employees wear uniforms. After a while I saw favoritism against certain races of people and they actually had the audacity to call me in to work after the 911 crashes and said they would pay for a cab for me to get there. Temp employees from foreign countries were looked at like ooh la la while most US born citizens were taken for granted. The benefits were good and so were the breaks. I hate their policy on when an employee gets fired, corporate will put a Do Not Rehire code beside your name and you can never work for any Marriott again or any hotel under their management. Bad policy!
Pros
Free meals, drinks and uniforms
Cons
Managers looking out for certain people and employees throwing each other under the bus.
The culture shift after Mr Marriott stepped down is more towards your typical faceless corporate atmosphere instead of the large family organization it once was. The pay scales are set for you to move on to another position after a year; however, they make it next to impossible to do so. This leads to pennies raises after the initial year.
Hours were long ypu had to work10 fours per day. Good pay and benefits. If you like to work long hours and weekends. Not a good work/life balance. Assist in advancing your career. Learn various aspects of the job.