Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Bethesda, MD

Bethesda, MD278 reviews
this company is great to work for due to the benefits, environment, people. There is an awesome open door policy for the Sr Managment, self assessment process in place, and great room for growth.
I worked at Corporate office as a Senior Financial Analyst. The job is not bad but you end up doing more work than you need. They don't have proper system to help you do your work. Mostly you use Macros Excel spreadsheet instead of using actual financial systems. Something that should take you 1 minute to do or pull (reports) it takes you 5 to 10 minutes to do because you don't have proper systems.
Pros
Great for advancement, they are tons of opportunity to move up the corp ladder if you want.
Cons
Pay, Systems, Work Life Balance (There is none)
Marriott really is an amazing company to work for from it's diverse associates, family like culture and the amazing benefits. I have worked for the company for over 15 years and have really enjoyed the amazing people I have met along the way, the memorable and fun opportunities and the incredible hotels I have been able to experience.
Pros
Amazing hotel benefits and discounts
Cons
Average pay
This is easily the best company I've ever worked for. Compensation is decent and they actually care about their people. These are things that are hard to find.
The overall company culture is great, from associate appreciation week to all the take care initiatives, it seemed like every other week someone was giving away coffee and breakfast when you came in the associates entrance. However, some departments do not share in this culture and only care about the bottom line. Constant reorgs force you to apply to your own position at least once a year and pay is down right disgraceful. Yearly engagement survey is a joke, nothing ever changes.
Pros
Employee discount at hotels can be amazing
I worked at Marriott International for over 13 years before being impacted by the COVID 19 related furloughs and ultimately accepting a severance package. I experienced widely varying degrees of job satisfaction with the 4 above-property positions I held at the company.

The regional sales offices are a horrible place to work. Low pay for what's asked of you, the bonuses are a joke, and the goals are completely unrealistic.

The corporate jobs I held were better and enjoyable some of the time.

However, the employee merit review process is too broad and subjective, making it very difficult to be "above average" and get a halfway decent raise (rarely above 3% annually). On the flip side, it's virtually impossible to get fired unless you literally do no work, are caught stealing, or a pandemic happens.

In closing, corporate is a decent place to work, but it always feels like they want to cut your job to save money. For example, I had to apply and re-apply for my last position 3 times since 2015.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Relatively low pay and no confidence in job security
Intellectual Property prosecution/docketing is never ending; with changes in country law requirements and many deadlines. Learn something new every day. I love being busy. The company has a friendly staff and is inclusive of all races, cultures and is LGBT friendly.
Pros
On-site daycare; cafeteria; sleep pods; caring culture. Many health benefits, classes on-site. Nurse's office with very qualified staff.
Cons
As with any law firm or large legal group, the tireless work of the IP department is not respected as it should be.
Good company learning all the time good management easy to get on travel always friendly team friendly promotions easy good management always helpful every day is different
Pros
Easy learn
Cons
Good benefits
Working for Marriott has been a great experience. I worked off property and most people are friendly, helpful & knowledgeable. What impressed me the most was the passion people have for Marriott itself. A lot management and senior level personnel started working in a hotel. The pay is good, raises equate to the cost of living.
Pros
Work life balance, working remotely.
Cons
Post merger layoffs, a lot of great people were let go.
I started at the bottom and worked my way up to be the Assistant Manager. I had a good manager who helped me achieve my goals and supported me through my whole career at Marriott.
Pros
Cafeteria, Work environment
Cons
Employee review system
Marriott believes in treating their staff right and providing abundant opportunity to excel.
They offer plenty of opportunity for mentorship and training.
I did not like the way they handle the Conoravirus and furloughed the employees. I have been there 19 years and it did not matter how long you had been there and the payout is not great. There are many associates that are very angry with the company.
Good temp job. You will not grow in IT but if you work in a different department you may have the opportunity for growth. First impressions of company seems nice, but after a while you start to see major management flaws in all departments.
For over 93 years Marriott International has been at the forefront of hospitality. At the heart of Marriott's culture is to Put People First; Pursue Excellence; Act with Integrity; Embrace Change; and, Serve Our World.
Marriott has high standards for who they hire, which leads to a strong team. Marriott recognizes the importance of employee happiness. Their belief is "Happy employees leads to happy customers." The management team is very supportive as well.
global reach, employee loyalty, an industry leader, strong teamwork, support from supervisors, great work environment. Provides multiple opportunities for growth
The corporate internship program was full of learning and fun. The program walked me through the company's history, values, and culture. We would have executive speakers coming and speaking to us weekly.
Pros
Great culture and atmosphere
Cons
Paid lunch
I had a great experience of working there and had learnt a lot from this property. They made me more responsible and built a determination for the work i did. Overall great experience
This review is specific to Marriott HQ. Excellent coworkers and challenging work made working for Marriott a fun experience. I felt like my work and opinion was valued and every day was a little different.
The company has a good work environment. Its company culture is great, too. My supervisor treats everyone well and fairly. The work schedule is shift work, not much flexibility, but that's fine with me.
I lead the Finance team within the digital services organization at Marriott, it's a high visibility role, interacting with senior executives across various functions within the business.