Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Birmingham, AL

they told me i was being terminated cause they was getting rid of all supervisor position they then told us we could drop down to be room attendant's but that was lie so it looks like we will be without a job starting November 6th
The workplace culture is wonderful. Most people are very friendly. Want to move up in the company? Plenty of opportunities and encouragement from management. Continuing education is a big part of Marriott life. There is always something else to learn to impact the guests and other employees. Also many ways to learn how to perform new challenges before your next promotion. It's hard work, but lots of fun!
Room service is dubbed as in room dining or ird for short. While in the position I was trained in Food handling Loss prevention Guest services And bank management
The best part of my day was when I finish early and I'm able to catch up on other job tasks. I'll help any of the housekeepers that's still there and I'll help the laundry attendant pull dirty linen and I'll also be doing my room service. calls
The people, the environment is family oriented and everyone works together to make the job run smoothly and everyone is a team player and easy to work with.
The management at the time of my employment was pretty descent to start. There wasn't enough banquet employees, I had no assistant, and did not have the tools to operate my department.
I worked as an Chief Engineer for Marriott in Mobile and in Birmingham Alabama. The management was harsh and working conditions were very hard. I never thought I would say that companies like this is why Americans are losing the battle....
sometimes you have to do multiple jobs which can be stressful as long as not getting paid for them. However mostly they work with you with scheduling and help out when needed.
Pros
they feed you!, benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
sometimes stressful
The only good thing about this place is the discount that you get a marriott hotel's when traveling! The pay sucks (at least for me it did) i was there almost 4 years and only received one raise after almost 2. I was constantly promised promotion opportunities and salary increases that never came. I wised up and left. Worst job ever! ever!
Pros
Dicounts on hotel rooms
Cons
Everything else
Expedting customers orders, making everything is straight A1. I really enjoyed working there with all different types of people. It was a job that I loved so much
The manger here at this location, has repeatedly lied to me, concerning benefits , and made promises about raises, and lied about it, only to string you along and keep you working for them. They never fulfill these promises. Also, discrimination in wages with employees doing the same job, same length of employment and experience.
The people there always had your back. The only downfall was the work life balance. If it was busy, you are not going home. If it was slow, don't expect going to work unless it was training.
I learned everything about sales from Marriott International! Great place to work and grow! I resigned for personal reasons and would totally return to MI one day in the future.
Makes it hard for you to come in to work. Not pleasant to be around or work for. The most enjoyable part is going home after having such a stressful day of dealing with someone that's hard to work with.
Work, work, play, work. It was a franchise that had some rules that were different than the main company. It was a good place to work, but the only challenge was the new managers every few months.
nice pay, overtime, good benefits, respect and show workers appreciation, great discounts, get paid vacation, get paid sick time, free lunches and management is wonderful
The job itself is not the stressful part of this position. The stressful part is that the people at the particular Marriott I am employed at does not communicate proficiently. No one is organized and I am yelled at from all sides due to others not doing their job.
This place was very unorganized. I had at least 4 different bosses in my time there. They dont treat their employees right and did not care about thr employees home life.
Food department management is overall POOR! It’s unfair how they schedule you and not at all like described in the interview. Dissatisfied to the fullest
There were plenty of hours to go around. The banquet events that I worked required several hours of prep to get the whole event to go off without a hitch.
Pros
Discount of rooms
Cons
Provided only part of the uniform
The Sheraton Birmingham is a tough place to work, but will teach you more than you will need in the Food and Beverage hospitality career. There aren't very many places like it in Alabama.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Cons
Stressful work days.