Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Boston, MA

I only was with the company for 13 months before I was furloughed.I enjoyed the job, thought I had found my home, then covid struckThe management iny department where great and the people I worked with where friendly, accepting and very helpfulAny other people I interacted with where also great
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Communication bad during furlough
nothing to change. great company and benefits... fantastic great work environment, nothing really else to say other than cool hotel perks yeah they are great too
i quit. I don’t like it. Job is terrible. Goodbye forever. Pay is bad. Management is bad. I don’t know just don’t like it. So I quit. Not good. Bad lunch.
It's a nice place if you are happy for the Job that you apply, but if you are looking for any career Advancements this is not the place for you.After working for the Company for many years I could never get any better positions after applying and getting many interviews. At the end decided to leave the Company for a better one, like many of my previous Coworkers did.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Career Advancements
Serve others with respect. Do not give your opinion for what you think. Do not criticize your boss, or any boss, or you will be in the street. When you disagree with your emperors, they will cut off your hours then what; no more money there; give up and go home. If you see stupidities: don't talk, don't tell, pretend you know nothing or you will be a target for by-by(honey). Enjoy working with those who do not like a gossip or you will be screwed. The hardest part of my job there and, in any company for that matter,is when you make waves, when you tell the truth, when you can/not hold in your heart the wrong doings, unfair, and unjust to you, or to your co-worker. The best Department there: the Human Resources.
Pros
Good lunch, with co-pay.
Cons
Heath club, 401K, Health Ins., uniform, some transportation accommodations...
I learned a lot about legendary costumer service and what it means to manage in a hospitality role. The most enjoyable part of this job for me is the sophisticated atmosphere and having the benefits and employee discount. The hardest part for me is dealing with angry guests that can try your patience but it teaches you to remain and calm and professional under pressure. Working overnight the shifts are very relaxed depending on the season around May(graduation season) and the summer is busier with guests requesting things through the night or dealing with more complaints. Winter is excellent for students because with all your work done combined with a quiet night it can be good to take care of your studies if time permits it. But overall I've enjoyed the time I've had with Marriott and recommend if you want to be in the hospitality industry or if you need a good job while going to school.
Really good place to work professional they have a strong team and good sense of leadership great customer service Management in team work well together to accomplish all work tasks great benefits and lots of room for growth
I had 3 people review me 3 different times. The interviews went on from 45 minutes to 1 and a half hours. Many questions asked about why I was interested in job what I know about the company.
Flexible job with a work from home option. Not a great salary for the amount of time and energy devoted to this company. Benefits are good but expensive.
Very very good job for me that was awesome. At Marriott hotel I was received a good attention from everyone. For me it's the best place to work ............
They dont care for their people, its like working with snakes. If the environment was friendlier. This would be a different review... my true feelings
Pros
Accrued vacation time
Cons
They way you are treated on the job
Hardworking Cleaning professional bringing nine years of experience in hospitality settings. Self-motivated and efficient with ability to handle all facets of facility cleaning Cleaned guest rooms and changed linens according to company specifications, ensuring that each room was in compliance with standard set up Used specified cleaning products in each guest room per company guidelines Disposed of trash and recyclables each day to avoid waste buildup Replenished guest room supplies, including water glasses, toiletries, and paper products Serviced bathrooms, including cleaning, sanitizing and supply replenishment Engaged with guests in positive and professional manner to promote satisfaction
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
breaks
Great company to use to propel you to your next career move. Company is numbers focused and would rather focus on revenue than take into consideration their employees and the work life balance. Hotel discounts were amazing, and free lunch was also a great perk. Unfortunately the pros don’t weigh out the cons.
Great company changed my life . I look forward to coming back soon I met a lot of good people and developed great relationships gained a lot of skills as well as life experiences
Company that tells you how great it is, every day. But uses people for their volunteer experience and promotes it as it's own volunteerism. Drink the Kool-Aid and you will do ok. Low pay.
Pros
Only required to open tickets. No real IT experience required.
Cons
Require 10.5 hours/day on property regardless of work load.
Working at this company was good can not complain.i was able to meet so kind co-workers that like their job. It would have been good if there was more overtime given. But other than that it is a great place to work.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
More overtime
It's a hotel so you are going to be worked like a slave. It all depends on the type of management. Mine for example is pretty bad. I have been working for a good amount of time and feel little appreciation from it.
Pros
Money
Cons
Time with loved ones will be low
Marriott provides many opportunity for advancement. Marriott takes care of their associates and then in return the associates take good care of their guest. Love working for Marriott.
Pros
Great benefits and room for advancement
Cons
none that come to mind.
Mutio confortavel ambiente de trabalho, cultura empresarial de ajuda mútua e de tolerância com estranjeiros
Pros
refeiçao
Cons
Dentro de predio o dia inteiro
worked there since 2012, the situation after the strike is not good at all, managers giving hard time for the staff , No hours given even tough the Hotel is busy they waill give you false promises when they hire you, dont trust them my advice look for something else
Pros
free meals, discounts
Cons
salary, forced to work double shift in case of call out
good opportunities through corporate locations. franchise locations may vary from the mission and operate more independently at times. Work culture would improve with more involvement and consistancy from corporate headquarters