Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Bridgewater, NJ

I have not worked for Marriott for nearly 18 years, but recall fondly of my time there. I would always consider working for Marriott in the future. Just wish there is one closer to me.
Been forking for the company for many years. over 10 years. love the company and its culture. they take care of their employees. Training is in continues motion, none stop.
Pros
one of the best companies I ever worked for.
Cons
Marriott at Bridgewater new jersey is a clean, healthy and fun place towork with. All colluegues are team players and management was kind and grat. My supervisor did his job pretty well especially with work scheduling. I recommend working for this company
Started here when I moved from another state and it was amazing to see the team and the environment working in an hotel. its very fast paced in the kitchen and you get to see bit and pieces from behind the scenes to the front of house. You meet great coworkers and fun guests and even though management isn't the best they do offer so many options for benefits, job security, advancements and boost worker morale any chance they get.
Pros
Free lunch, Pto, hours and work advancement opportunities
Cons
no sick days, busy times fluctuate, long hours, management
Easily one of the best Jobs I ever had. Hard work and great people made up for a positive experience.Great benefits and many opportunities to move up to better positions.
Pros
Free Lunches, Great People, Management is easy to talk to, Benefits are really good
Cons
Physically Demanding, Work alone majority of the time, Very Busy
16 to 18 rooms, team work is an effort, management not so good, co workers work hard, hard part is saying no when theres tons of rooms, I enjoy getting home safe
marriott has great benefits room for advancement. you have the opportunity to meet a great variety of people all across the us
Pros
free hotel rooms
Cons
24 hour company operations
Marriott is the largest hotel company in the world and they really care about each individual employee. Part-time, Full-time, management, GM, you name it - all cared for great!
Good job, good hours, not enough pay to support family but potential to advance or change departments. Spend most of the day helping housekeepers and taking out dirty linens and trash.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Pay, management to employee communication
Loss Prevention Agent: Conducted hourly patrols of the hotel’s interior and exterior; monitored Closed Circuit Televisions, perimeter alarm system, duress alarms, and fire life safety system; secured property entrances when required; and conducted daily physical hazard inspections. Completed incident reports and shift summary/daily activity reports. Adhere to all hotel procedures.
At typical day at the Marriott is very fast paced. It is essential to be able to multitask; from screening calls to handling guest needs it is very important to be able to manage multiple tasks. While there are instances where guest are upset it is a priority to fix every problem and make sure each guest is happy and leaves with a smile on their face. My co-workers are great people and they are very easy to work with.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Great work experiences at Marriott, the advancement opportunities were available on the same property or different location. Lot's of properties to choose from, so relocation is not difficult. Corporate structure was very solid, giving you the help you need to get the job done. The pay was very competitive in the field, benefits were above and beyond what most companies could offer.
Pros
Provided lunch for you, team support