Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Burbank, CA

I worked there for about 2 and half years. My manager and the engineering crew is a great team to work with. Very busy place because is across from an airport.
Pros
Free lunch on mid and graveyard shifts and uniforms.
Cons
Marriot is a great place to work at, it gives you the opportunities to grow in the company and it has a safe environment. They care about the people that work there.
Only things was it wasn't a steady schedule so your shift would vary each week that's the only things I didn't like and majority were part time not much full time hours but always room to work more if you wanted and paid weekly
Great company to work for. The hospitality industry is a great field to get into since you can learn a lot. I worked in the banquet section doing several roles.
There was very little collaboration or support from anyone at the Marriott Burbank Airport. The hotel operations manager was clueless and had no leadership skills. The director of sales and the director of catering harbor a we know everything and you know nothing so just deal with the fact that we are jerks attitude. There are members of the team that have been working at the property too long therefore they manipulate every situation to benefit them. If they don't get their way then they trump up stories to get you called into human resources and fired. I would not recommend working for the Marriott Burbank Airport to anyone unless you like to be abused.
Pros
Business levels consitently strong, Pay is okay
Cons
The management doesn't have a clue, no support and inmates run the assylum
My manager was the best. I learned a lot. You have to be able to work fast and accurate. I made friends. It was a good place to work. I love Marriott.
Pros
Coworkers, launch, breaks
Cons
healthcare
Our banquet manager was real friendly and understanding . Good communication with staff always recognized how well we worked . Making sure we had our lunch breaks on time . Great manager
Pros
Good schedule
Cons
First time working for a Marriott managed property. Overall a very good experience, learned a lot about myself personally and professionally.
This is a small property with a good team. Typically 2 employees per shift. Property is generally a business hotel and does get positive reviews as to property and service.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Meals not included
A typical day working in the HR department included reconciling benefits bills for the company including medical, dental, and vision, entering any new data into the system Abra, analyzing the employment needs for hires or termination, reviewing resumes, conducting interviews if needed, general office maintenance, and filing. I learned the ins and outs of human resources at this job and especially how to deal with employee relations such as conflicts and sensitive situations. My co-workers and management were extremely friendly, welcoming, and did their best to teach me all that they can. The hardest part of the job was getting familiar with all the new computer programs but I am a fast learner and enjoy challenges so this was also a good thing. The most enjoyable part was learning all about human resources by getting a first hand experience. By working directly with the HR manager, I got to see everything that happens day to day.
Working here was good because alot of skills and trainning, alot of understanding
Management has high expectations for employees and quality of service. I was able to learn restaurant's menu, system and sequence of service efficiently and quickly. I enjoy working as a team with all my co-workers. There is a lot of multitasking involved in my duo- positions, but I am able to handle it well. The most enjoyable part of my job is building friendships with co-workers and helping as a team.
very busy and responsible,how hotel system is working,very professional and friendly, open door policypro., helpful and friendlyeven though hotel was new environment for me, I learn my work in the short time and handle very well.I could handle all A/P work independently.
Pros
free lunch, gifts, events
Cons
break yes, health benefit and 401k, and other benefit pakage
Clean assign number of guess rooms. Clean restrooms, making beds, vacuum, dust, take out trash.