Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Cincinnati, OH

The work is steady, and a team effort is implemented quite regularly. Departments are all tight nit, professionals. Too bad Marriott moved on, and another company filled their ownership. They offered me to stay with same pay. I loved Marriott. They are the largest hospitality corporation in the world. I was with them for over twenty years.
The managers do not share a common goal. Instead they back stab one another and make each other's job difficult. They don't support each other and they are unprofessional.
Pros
Monthly company luncheon
Cons
No off days sometimes, No manager support
I love working here. I am only applying to jobs to grow in my career. The culture is laid back and the people who work here are fantastic!!! I would definitely refer friends to work for this great company!
Blacks not treated equal managers are lazy no advancement for blacks. Benefits ok uniforms are provided one dollar to eat lunch off menu blacks have to work harder then whites im just being honest.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
set-up ballrooms,serve, bartend would come in sometimes turn the ballroom then bartend.set rooms from 50 to 500 .very deptments loved to wok together.they didn'twant me to leave.
Pros
ree lunch games for empoyees, did work around the area
Cons
hated to leave.making sure all the guest had al
Average days consist of being a host at the restaurant and making sure everyone is happy and taken care of. Being a host has made me learn alot about guest services and the responsibility to balance and multitask many things professionally. Management is pretty good. All managers as far as i'm concerned always make sure that both guests and employees are happy and taken care of in the best of standards. The workplace environments themselves can be very easy paced or challenging depending on the situation of what's happening at the Marriott. For example: weekends are busy so the workplace is always fast paced and sometime sophisticated. Some of the hardest parts of the job is multitasking on the weekends when guest come flooding in and we have make sure they're seated and taken care of in the Marriott standard ways, which can be pretty challenging at times. Overall the most enjoyable experiences I have is that I get to make all of the guest happy and seeing them have a good time make me have a good time, especially when i'm considered by Marriott themselves very entertaining.
Pros
Flexible Hours and Shifts
Cons
Lack of Advancement Opportunities and no Medical or Dental Benefits
Excellent place to work with plenty of career advancement opportunities if they are sought after, great compensation and wonderful staff both during work and out.
Great team to work for but management needs a lot of critiquing. I built more patience then I already had. Detailed attention was perfected always looking for mistakes.Working for Marriott exposes you to so many different career opportunities and skill sets. The diversity within is without equal. I have always believed that no matter what your career path; everyone should work in the Hospitality Industry. The experience is life altering.
Pros
Various job opportunities within a strong Company
Cons
Salary is average, but benefits are great
typical day at the marriot courtyard is i go in clock in get my list of rooms n start from top to botton and take all the linen out the rooms bring all clean linen in make bed first clean bathroom vacuum all floors n mop bathroom then go on to next room and perform the same essential's
Working for Marriott is great. The management is understanding and nice and there are many benefits to working for this company. As a part-time worker in the University of Cincinnati area, this is the best job I've ever had while working on my college degree.
My job with a hotel within the Marriott Intl. umbrella was fine for a first-time manager. I got experience managing employees, resolving guest issues, making decisions and learning the financial aspects of the industry. The work-life balance could have improved, as I was working at least 50 hours per week, often times more, but I figure that is the industry sometimes.
Pros
Travel discounts, good benefits package
Cons
Lots of long days and weeks, typically understaffed
It’s a new journey for me I’ve only been here a little bit over a year i can say that I’ve came across some interesting people great learning experience with how to manage a hotel
Pros
Break
Cons
Food
Greeting guest , and finding solution to there problems. Learned to be patient and listen carefully. Management is always willing to jump in when its busy, there easy to get alone with. Most of all they care about the employees. Different culture in my work is great, and rewarding. There really is not a hard part of my job. When a gst check in happy and check out happy still, thats wat makes my job joyable.
Pros
Half off our market, and discount room cards
Cons
Its a hustle were your alone
Enjoy working at the hotel and interacting with different guests everyday. I’ve learned a lot since I started working at the hotel. Communicating and teamwork is important when it comes to hospitality work.
Pros
Free lunch, good workers
Cons
Working hours
The Marriotts management and organization sucks they run all over in the housekeeping department. They don’t make sure the rooms are clean the managers just punch them in
Management was hired by the franchise that ran the hotel. He is horrible which is why I left after employment of 10 years! The most enjoyable part of the job was all the repore I had with the guests. The hardest part of the job was conflicting with management- I learned I do not have to subjected to harassment, name calling, and being threatened as an employee if management did not like you or your looks you would be terminated.
Pros
overtime was paid with no grief
Cons
harassment, etc.
This propert was at least run slightly better than their sister property, the Doubletree by Hilton Cincinnati airport. I say "slightly" because they are always understaffed as well, but they at least pay better & doesn't have an alcoholic Sales Director like the Doubletree by Hilton.
Pros
Beautiful old building
Cons
All of it
I absolutely love working at Kingsgate Marriott!! The management is excellent and very hands on with the employees. Between the regional sales leader, GM and AGM there is always someone available and happy to assist you. The only reason I am transferring positions is the work hours. You are required to work 52.5 hours per week in this position. My work life balance is tilted in the wrong direction right now and I just want more personal time. However, if you are hungry and aggressive and ready to build your resume, the interior sales position is a great fit...very challenging and fun!
Pros
great management, co-workers and travel discounts
Cons
Provided great training and support from management. Received great rewards from the team and residents. Helped to make sure that all guests felt welcome and comfortable.
Pros
Management team really cares about the customers
Cons
More opportunities for growth
Nice place to work meet lost of people from all around the world did catering for over three hundred people very busy place you stay on your feet you meet people from all around the world I'm a strong believer in god
i love working for Marriott and anyone who applies will to, friendly coworkers and positive managers. i cant say one time i was every disappoint in the Marriott.
Pros
friendly
Cons
fast pace