Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Cleveland, OH

Marriott believes if they take care of their people they will take care of their guests. They back it up with great benefits and an inclusive culture. It's fun to work here. We have the tools we need and people are very collaborative.
Pros
Great benefits, great people
Cons
can't think of any
Great work life balance. Great people. Fun engaged daily environment which constantly brings on daily challenges making you have to think on the go.
different things to do, every week is different. There is no good work/life balance. Good benefits for traveling. Company for growth in different departments.
I give my absolute all to marriott and have been a decorated employee for years. I feel as though they are losing sight of employee value and am just looking to move on and bring my skill set to something different.
Marriott is a great place to work and does accommodate to their employees and the guests the best the can ..i was very happy working with this company
Great Place Great job Good people pay was awesome the location was perfect,the guest were amazing all outstanding experience,I would recommend this job
Excellent work environment and great staff great service great outlook to my future working for Marriott international. It’s not a job only it’s a career.
I’ve had a bad experience over the last year co workers are very judgmental and bias if the managers actually took the time and figure out what is wrong maybe issues like that can be resolved.
As an In-Bound Call Center representative, I Maintained a high-volume workload within a fast-paced environment. Assisted an average of 500 clients in any given week and consistently met performance benchmarks in all areas. Completed voluntary Client Relations training to learn ways to enhance customer satisfaction and improve productivity. Educated clients on programs offered. Assisted clients in navigating the company’s website and answering questions about reservations. Maintained relationships with both internal and external clients. Processed credit card payments for reservations to hotel properties.
I would say over all I love working there but the people in the drama that was in management was ridiculous as ever in very unprofessional as well I honestly had a huge problem with management as far as they should have let a couple of inspectors go for stealing the house keepers tips
Very nice working at Marriott management is great but need better pay. I am a van driver and I only make $9.50. I love my job but I am looking for a job that pays more.
Great company to work for. Ready for a more challenging position. Great benefits. Always room to grow within the company. Great leadership program. Great work life balance.
For security, the job was great and the consistency of work in a hotel was great. I learned a lot from my (then) supervisor on how to conduct investigations.
First the pay is terrible to me. I just needed a job to pay the bills and get by. Second the job the job is unorganized and people do not communicate anything. I have been training and everyone tells me something different. You stand around all day and have some guest that are rude to you just because of the reward status. I have been here for two months and I do not have everything that I need for my job title. Then everyone has attitudes and yells at the trainees for not wanting to do their job. Then we have people that cry about their job and want to do something else. I have heard employees talk to the guest in a nasty way and get away with it.
I enjoy my job, I not only have friends but a family. I have a great work life balance. The work place culture is what I enjoy the most. Put people first
Very nice work culture and balance of work-life. Completed daily paperwork, weekly payroll for over 30 associates, and weekly scheduling. The most difficult part of the job is ensuring we have a positive work space and associates are working as a team to reach the common goal of the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is the culture and the small employee appreciation events. All employees want to feel valued and little gestures throughout the year goes a long way to help build teamwork and the workplace environment.
When working through Marriott i learned time management. Considering the work load that is given and the amount of things that needed to be accomplished in each room to meet sensitization standards, you really learn to you and manage your time wisely. I also acquired exceptional organization and cleaning skills.
I worked part time. The discounts across the board for the Marriott brand was great. I worked with a wonderful staff and great returning guest throughout my experience.
Great company to work for with great location in the downtown area. Learn to be great in customer service and received awards for doing a great job The most important job is the customers and taking care of their needs.
Pros
great job
Cons
Good company with a strong culture and customer focused philosophy. Became Sodexho Marriott as a combination from the divestiture of Marriott and Sodexho NA back in the early 1990s.
It was a good place to work and fast pace. Working a lot and standing on your feet most of your shift and taking care of all guest issues were the most important