Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Columbus, OH

This year has been tough for hotel employees and hotels. Hoping to get back to some type of normal work life someday. if that happens I can recommend Marriott as an employer.
Pros
travel discount
Cons
Luv going to work I know it sounds scary but its true😳takes away the ability to complain about going to work😒wich is really odd?evan being some what a stickler for details,honestly straight forward🤗😇😎
This company focused on Job and family balance. I appreciated the management staff and their willing to pitch in with the work load. I enjoyed the little extras with employee appreciation.
you have your daily checks and and duties to perform. and the unplanned emergencies and ut oh can you fix this now issues. all part of the job and breaks any sense of repetition from the norm!
I had the opportunity to work face to face with our clients during check in and check out. However, we were very understaffed and therefore had to work more hours than I had suspected when taking the job.
Overall it was a good job paid good and excellent communication. I liked that we could get free coffee as a worker. They had flexible hours and I got my full 40 every week
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very strict
Very low stress and easy job to have while you go to school. I'm able to do homework in down times and don't run around all day like I have at retail jobs. Overall it's been good.
Everyday is different here at Marriott International. That is what makes it fun to be here. You meet interesting people and are empowered to take care of the guest at the time instead of saying the manager will be here
Muy buen ambiente laboral. Excelentes Ejecutivos. Una muy placentera experiencia en emplearme allí. Optimas condiciones laboraes. Tengo la mejor de las opiniones de la compañia Marriot.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Best company later life insurance think one of the best hotels I’ve worked for nice peaceful quite.. stress free.. paid vacation paid sick time. Best employment I’ve ever had...
This place cares more about making profit than actually taking care of employees and giving them a liveable wage. There’s is no opportunity for advancement and terrible communication
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Everything else, terrible wage for amount of work, no advancement, no clear direction, poor communication, etc
An amazing company to work for ! This is a career for me and I will retire here. Great co-workers , Management is above and beyond! A million great things to say and not 1 negative comes to mind !
I worked a couple night audit shifts as well as a couple PM shifts at a wonderful, unique, historical propoerty in the downtown area. Even tho it ended so abruptly and not in any way I could have thought of due to outside circumstances, the management company along with the brand standard of Residence Inn/Marriott, it was not just a job. To me it was not just something I had to do, it was walking in to a family. Whether it be fellow co-workers or even guests, I felt proud to be there and offer my ethics and knowedge yet eagerness to learn. The work was thorough and routine; no surprises from upper management or even upper management not hovering over ones shoulder. It's a great feeling when one can find employment at a business where one feels of wortt, trusted, and valued.
Pros
Fast-paced, security, self-worth, positivity spread everywhere
Unless you are a salaried manager, you are an hourly paid manager. In theory, this is great! You can earn overtime if you work it. However, overtime is never approved and not permitted. It's great for work-life balance, but challenging to complete all necessary duties in only 40 hours...so be prepared to get a lot of lectures or conversations about how your work isn't getting done on time or isn't "enough" to satisfy senior leadership. Makes it tough to keep going back every day since you can't really take pride in your work.
i learned a lot from this company, management was very helpful to employees, there was training for every positions, very helpful environment, fun place to work
Pros
Food was good
Cons
It was okay cool little experience I learned a lot honestly it was a different experience I actually enjoyed it an good ways and some difficult good and bad
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bad management unorganized
Any hospitality position can be great if you are willing to move, you can grow into any position you desire. Those that bounced from city to city, really excelled.
The job was very challenging and I had a lot of experience working at Marriott. We had love and respect for each other.There was a very good spirit partnership between associates. Team work was at it's highest peak.
gives alot of rooms to clean at a time lunches were provided a lot of walking around on floors attitude from customers if you arent finish with rooms by the end of shift you have to stay over
Working at the Westin Hotel was exciting because I met many different characters. I would work on my own which enabled me to set high standards and exceed guest expectations at my own pace and style. Achieving employee of the month made me feel valued.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
irrate guests
Marriott is a stellar company. They have gone downhill since 200u in regards to associat focus and gues satisfaction. It is past time for marriott to reinvent itself and look into franchise properties closely.