Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Coralville, IA

Marriott's philosophy is that if the company takes care of its employees, they will take care of the guests. There are lots of opportunities for advancement if you apply yourself and let your manager(s) know what your goals are. Lots of employee celebrations and nice things to recognize each one of us as a person. The only thing negative I really have to say is that the pay is not the best, and the raise structure leaves a bit to be desired. I always felt respected and valued. I am not a fan of working in a hotel, but I still loved working for Marriott!
Pros
Culture, training, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Pay, working hours
this kitchen it is a mass and unsafe. The fact staff is zero experience, untrained. including the supervisor. the staff received a poor traning from excutive chef. most of the staff are not friendly, marriott its worth place you can work, they are users, they will hire you if they need cover up, but as soon as the busniess slow dowan they never gives you a respect or even they don't want hear you. its a worth place you can work, customers order food because of marriott name but be careful it bad quality food. the mplyees they are too lazy. they dont work.
they tried having me work both 1st shift and 3rd shift in the same week. They tried making that my schedule when initially I only offered 1 shift. And assistant manager couldn't understand that I couldn't do both shifts and I eventually quit because I was just getting scheduled how she wanted.
Cons
Assistant manager sucked
People at the work are extremely nice and helpful. a typical day at work involved communicating with customers, serving, and preparing the venue. All in all I highly recommend working here.
Pros
benefits, breaks, people, raises
Cons
on your feet the whole time
I have worked for them for less than one year. I have had several skin break outs. There is constantly no laundry or mixed up laundry. I feel you cant get your work done effectively because they place too many rooms on you.
Pros
we can free drinks and our meals are $3
Cons
the better and faster you clean the more they put on you
I have nothing bad to say about this place, the job security is very reliable with plenty of room to jump around from various jobs and by doing so working your way up as well. Managers are excellent and the work environment and culture is great. Being an international company, Marriott offers benefits and compensation.
Pros
Management, has benefits, great security
Cons
can't make enough at my current position to make ends meet
I had fun working with the Marriott Staff. It was a great experienced working with a lot intelligent peoples . I got great discounts on the rooms there and even traveling . I got discounts on there delicious food there, which are expensive. The rooms are there are gorgeous. I enjoy on having the experience of cleaning there rooms .Making sure that the guests will be delightful on coming back as there second home . I also had got good tips . I was so proud of myself on getting the opportunity to working such great peoples.
Pros
Great discounts on rooms and food
Cons
Great benefits on vacations, and health benefits
Versatility & humbleness; a pleasant demeanor can take you places and resolve disturbances that no other single attribute can.
some times we can be short staffed on days when we are busy. It can be hard to work the front desk. Was not aware when I started that I would be driving the hotel shuttle as well as working the front desk.
Residence Inn Hotel was a great company to work for with an extraordinary team. Really enjoyed meeting guest from around the world and giving them the best customer services. I was able and could work first and second shift and has always felt and believe it was necessary to learn both shifts. Cleanness and organization was always something I thrived on to keep me and co-workers happy along with customers happy with an speedy check in and check out process. I worked for the best management team who was very hands on and was never afraid to step in and get their hands dirty to get the job done. Although it was challenging when working alone and having to do maintenance housekeeping and run the front desk… The most enjoyable part of my job was hearing the guest say how wonderful there stay was, then reading about it in the comments.
Many different shows at the hotel. Amazing events Food is delicious Staff is outgoing
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Fast paced times
Advancement is good as long as you are will to move around and pay could be better.