Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Dallas, TX

Marriott international is a great company to work for. It has great benefits, great Leaders of course as any other jobs it has it’s ups and down but it’s dual.
Pros
Free meals
Great place to stay away from..I would write more but will not bore you with the details of this place that holds little value for the people who work here and for the company and for the country and the free world.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Gave me an opportunity to meet different ppl. It gave an opportunity to learn about the hotel industry. Got a chance to cross train in different departments.
Pros
Flexible schedule & location
Cons
Great medical benefits and other benefits.Get a substantial discount when staying at Marriott hotelsCan cross-train to other positions throughout the property you are located
I really enjoyed working for W Hotels. When it was still part of Starwood hotels and resorts, the company encouraged you to be innovative, be yourself and have fun at work!
Pros
Thought provoking work place to deliver whatever/whenever brand promise, stylish uniforms
Cons
Depending on the location, especially international properties, you might end up working for bad local managers..
Poor organization 0 opportunities to grow They hired people with 0 experience And that makes the job worse Because the pay is not good enough the have to hire the first person who applies And everything is about who is your friend
I liked it but some times I feel unappreciated . Also thought that I would have make a good meal for the guest at the Marriott hotel. But I never asked could I make something
The job isn't all bad, but you should know that your managers will not protect you from guests and will put you at fault for guest issues whether you could have performed better or not. You will be yelled at and threatened for completing your job exactly as you were trained and then made to apologize by your managers. The only people who succeed in this business are cutthroats looking for the next promotion
Marriott is an overall good company. The benefits are great and the experience you get it's nice. I think if I could do it over again, I'd choose a corporate hotel.
The Marriott as an overall company did what they had to do, but they could always do better. It was worth the money but the management could definately use improvement
Great place to learn and grow quickly. Cares how the employees feels about their prospective areas. The management team holds everyone accountable and expect the beat from them.
Pros
Great culture, position advancement opportunities
Cons
Outdated systems.9
Great people great company great standards. Maintains very high product standards make life easy for all associates. Keeps accountability at all levels best company go to work must work in management company.
I've learned with Marriott so much, that if I start typing about everything that I've learned, I would need a couple of hours to finish. Great company to develop skills and take advantage of opportunities.
In my entire life, I have never felt depressed or anxious until I started working at the Downtown Dallas Marriott. While many of the employees are friendly, the management is demeaning and militant.
morning shifts were fun and busy. afternoon shifts were always the crazy ones especially on the weekends. I learned how the other end of hotels work.i would say the hardest part was helping the drunk hotel guests . the most enjoyable part about working there was the people that I never thought id meet .(celebrities)
the job was fairly easy. I like working here because I met all kinds of people. The job is fair and you get a great discount. The managers were great and easy to get along with.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
no benefits
I love helping people solve problems and I love customer service, I have more than 15 years of experience in that - Management was great as well also the workplace culture.
Marriott is the best company to work for, work is easy team work positive people, company cares for it employees. Management is willg to work withj all employes to their personal issues and wants to make them grow within the company
Unless you are a butt kisser or one of their college interns, don't expect to go far. Favoritism is very rampant. Pay was decent, benefits were okay.
Pros
Plenty of hours, good pay
Cons
Unattentive management, lack of career advancement.
I enjoy meeting people so I was always a hard worker and was gifted to receive awards all year by guest plus the great people I have met and continue to stay in contact. Good inspiring managers are hard to come by, the manager in my department over a year was an alcoholic (breathalizer on her car and she sneaks drinks at work (she was also fired ) but prior I had given her written notice and it was never turned in so I have a question to rehire ? It is a sad day when other people can ruin your entire 20 years of hospitality while they fail the screening and the system.
I liked working at the hotel over the summer it was nice and everybody their was helpful, about showing me the ropes of things. They give you extra hours if you need them.
Pros
i got free food and reasonable work hours
Cons
it was fast paced at times but i adjusted