Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Dana Point, CA

great start if you want to get into the hospitality industry. Very popular and well known hotel and resort. Staff is fun and you get to look out at the beautiful ocean
I learned a lot about the hospitality industry. Enjoyed my time working there and everyone there was very friendly. Every department works differently. For instance when i was in AYS your schedule was based on how long you have been in the department. So the people with seniority would get to pick their days and hours.
This company and career taught me not only professional experience, but life lessons with the clientele we interacted with. The company not only values it's guests, but understands your employee are who will provide the excellent service. So they really cater to their employees.
Pros
The culture and company core values
Cons
Work hours, 24 hour 365 days a year.
Wonderful Property with great benefits. Beautiful place to work with nice people. They have a complimentary cafeteria for all employees to enjoy their lunch at.
At the Laguna Cliffs Marriott I had an exceptional work experience. My time there taught me many life lessons about work and life outside of work. I became more responsible, reliable, and more of a leader. A typical day of work entailed setting up for the banquet, serving the guests food, tending to the guests need, and bussing tables. The management was very supportive of the employees, always motivating us to be better people and better employees. The work place was a very fun place to work and all of the employees had a very close, friendly relationship. The employees were also the most enjoyable part of the job. The employees created an environment where everyone was there for each other and everyone would help each other out when they needed it.
Pros
enjoyable workplace, great pay
Cons
sometimes long hours
I enjoyed working at The Ritz Carlton in Dana Point, CA as a pastry cook. I truly learned the elegance and presentation factors of a luxury pastry experience . Loved working off the coast of one of the most beautiful beaches in the world .
Great environment Busy days Bussing tables Running food to tables I learned a lot about the food industry and the hotel industry. I would also work banquets.
I enjoy Golf so this was a perfect place for me to work. The staff and management were very easy to get along with. The customers enjoyed my knowledge of Golf. I was accused of not ringing up a drink but had no way to prove it so I was laid off,unfortunate for me.
The Hotel is a family, every body works hard to make sure the guest has the best experience. The hours are good, always 40 hours and OT is granted as necessary. Got wonderful benefits and their was a staff cafeteria to go for breaks and have a meal.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hard Work
I Got a job here directly out of high school. It was an enjoyable place to work, but the management wasn't always up to par. i would recommend this place for a first time job or carrer.
Pros
Close to home, Fed us meals, fun environment
Cons
Bad Management at the time
very fast paced and busy. Demanding depending on the department. I refuse to write anything further for a review. .........................................
. some managers they don't let you grow in the company, but also some others they are managers but I considerate as a leaders , I enjoy working with leaders because they show you everything what you need to win success.
Pros
free luch, good benefits
Cons
short or interupted lunch break
Fantastic location. Fun place to work. I only left because I had a better offer up the street at the sister property. I enjoyed every day I worked here.
Its a great place to work, but if you want to be a manager, pay is not great. Lots of rewarding work with the right team. Great people to work with
continue to show my experience in high -end customer service no matter what, going always the extra step; having the opportunity to move on and put my successful work experience into St. Regis duties. having the company to work with, to have the best people in the industry working for them and with tem.
Pros
daily family meals
Cons
healthcare, short breakes
Good environment to work, very relaxing the managers their are always ready to listen, on top of that everyone is great to work with and willing to share there knowledge.
St Regis MB, Starwood Hotels is a great place to work. Have built many friendships and lasting relationships with both co-workers and guests' alike. I consider the property to be like a home to us, something we love to share with our guests!
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Working weekends and holidays
The work place locates at the seaside, it has a great view, so everyday I was so excited to go to work. Since we were in the hospitality industry, everyone there is very friendly, we smiled at everyone we met. We had music and free food in the office, so we really had an active work style.
Job Responsibility’s make sure dining area is perfect for the guest’s experience. Help my server and take care of the guest when the server is not able too. Also clean the table and reset whenthe guest’s are finished eating. I also worked attending and serving during weddings and private parties
Pros
fun staff
Cons
short breaks
I served guests at the resort pool, delegated tasks, solved problems, developed a professional set of communication skills, and managed specific areas of the pool. I also served guests at weddings and various large company events, and received surveys for being polite and having great service etiquette. The management team was attentive and worked with their employees to maintain a productive work environment, and my co-workers were also attentive and productive. The most difficult aspect of this job was getting time off, but it was a summer job and I knew what to expect. The most enjoyable aspect was meeting people from all around the world, as we had many European exchange student and guest, and I was able to communicate and work with them to provide them with an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Meeting and conversing with people from various backgrounds
Cons
parking
Great city, awesome company. That is the best combination to work happy and appreciate this opportunity. If you also have great collegues, good workplace and you love what you do you would be there longer.