Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Denver, CO

I enjoy working at this company because I was the first point of contact and met different types of people on a daily basis. I assisted guest checking in or checking out of the hotel. Answer all questions in regards to places to visit or eat or simply questions in regards to the hotel. I also helped with directions to specific places.
I started my career here loved the leadership I had at the time and it helped me grow my career. I loved the time I worked there but don’t know how it is in the current state
Job CultureManagement its very goodFor the money.It seems like a nice place to workgood time to work Because I know I can make a really good contribution.
At property level there is still opportunity for growth with Leadership. The company's expectations are for all managers to work 10 hours each day. Generally, expectations somewhat unrealistic with training rushed in a way that employees are not 100% prepared for their new role. It is a hit and miss overall.
Pros
Global company
Cons
Lacks work/life balance and underpaid.
Was not impressed with Management from other properties, To cut costs because of budget over costs no permanent Manager or Assistant Manager, Skeleton House Keeping Crews from Temporary Agencies. Property was in bad shape through the years because of neglected maintenance and lack of supplies do to budget constraints on maintenance. Another factor was maintenance was used as housekeeping from carpet cleaning to you name it instead of performing P.M.S. prevented maintenance,, maintenance, weeklies, quarterlies, semiannual and yearly's. .For Real Maintenance Supervisors and Skilled Technicians, Not a good fit
Es un buen hotel con calidad de limpieza y buen servicio al cliente
All and all it's a good company with opportunity all over the world. How ever to get to that point you have to be there for at least a year. Which I understand but it's hard for them to keep employees that long because the pay is really bad.
The worst managers ever and the worst work environment, compensation and the worst coworkers that you’ll ever have on this planet! I DON’T RECOMMEND Marriott International Inc!!!
I like the place. It has new energy. More traditional than most new hotels. Attract a lot of talent. Good luck. I mean it. Hard workers deserve their reward.
Secure a challenging position in the restaurant industry that will utilize my skills, dedication, and hard work to assist in the company’s success. Assisted Students with computers and homework. Led field trips to local area attractions. Maintained computers in technology laboratory
Meeting new people from different states and Countries ..Management worked with you most times showing you proper care for customers. I learned new systems and new computer software..
great to be around people and different types of people able to be hands on and learn management skills and how to run a hotel its very great to work for them
Oversee the implementation of all property and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, monitor life safety systems. Oversees and ensures that the administration of the department is in compliance with all corporate and brand standards and all federal, state and local laws. Responds in a courteous and timely manner to all guests' questions, complaints or requests. Performs maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation. scheduling vendor, worker for the work that needs to be done
This company claims to offer full time hours and a positive environment but they offer up minimal hours, require you to use any pto you (eventually) earn to make up for the shortfall, and they are abusive, demeaning and play favorites. Awful company. Hands down the worst job I’ve ever had.
The hardest part if the job was that i had to escort non-guest of the property. I worked overnights and I noticed that the night crew was more or less a little family with only 4 people on. I really enjoyed that i was able to use the gym and exercise equipment.
I would not recommend this company, they don’t have compassion, they let people with little experience work over people with many years under their belt
It was a great experience working for Marriott. I learned a lot from Marriott and it helped me out in other areas in my life and other jobs I've had since.
Great hotel. Very high end classic seenary. Great staff. Connected to the airport and light rail. Which makes it very easy to get around. Beautiful view over the city.
Hotel was maintenance pretty well. Housekeepers are extraordinary. Offers a variety of benefits, pay increases, and discounts on rooms and food/drink.
Poor work environment and poor management. Use the union a lot as to why the cant do anything. Would not reccomend this as a good work environment...
It was unbelievable how little the assistant manager who was very much in charge of tasks in the hotel did. Everything was pushed off on the supervisors and I had actually never been in a place of employment were management was like that before.
Pros
Cheaper options for hotel stays
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare, managment