Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Detroit, MI

job eliminated due to cuts because of the effects of Covid 19. Great place to work other than that. I was enjoying my promotion to Department Head. Great staff and upper management.
A great team will help out and teach you how to better your craft. Supervisor is hands on with teaching and communicating job responsibilities. Overall a really good work environment.
The pay is decent but the management is just awful, the chef is childish and disrespectful it's one of the places it's not what you know but who you know and is your are willing to allow management to make you feel worthless and unimportant. I don't recommend this job unless you are already in therapy because you will need it when it's all said and done
It offers great benefits. That too me was the best part of this job. The discounts on traveling were amazing . I also like the fact that lunch was provided for us daily so it you had to pay to park you never had to leave.
Great Corporation to work for. Supervisors and Managers are on point when it comes to customer service. The organization spends a lot of training and effort to ensure the service level remains at a specific mark, at all times.
The Marriott was an experience! I enjoyed working there. All the staff was great. Could have got paid more. Loved the environment and the assistant managers
Great company! Difficult to live off of the pay. Schedule was obnoxious if you are in Leadership role. If your a union worker you are protected by the policies in place. High expectations for leaders, but pay does not match expectations. Schedule was very inconsistent.
Marriott was a good place to work, with nice pay, weekly pay, room for advancement, very diverse, can be a bit unorganized at times, changed managers, supervisors, and office personnel quite frequently. But overall a very good place to be employed.
BonVoy is great for our guests! Marriott allows you to work and move anywhere in the world. If travelling is something you love to do..think about working for this company. You can see every part of the world in your lifetime through work or personal travel at a discounted price
The company is great to work for but like all businesses the management needs work. The pay is good. And you get benefits and discounts. Overall is a good business to work for.
Good job with great growth potential and good benefits, worked long hours as a manager. i love the job and it is ideal for me being as i am an extrovert and gain energy from being around the public.
Loved working for Marriott; excellent company to learn new skills, great working culture., excellent resources to learn and develop your career. Excellent benefits and working environment
Great place to work. Very friendly and professional environment. The benefits are great. The management and staff are excellent as well. Everyone there is extremely helpful and kind.
working with Marriott has been such a education i have really felt like i have grown as a individual and as a team leader. The people i have met on my journey have help to mold me into the man i am today.
The most enjoyable part of my job is greeting and conversating with the guest. I have met some pretty important people. Everyone is so pleasant. The hardest part of my job is the departure of a guest.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
have to punch out for 15 brakes
not a bad company, it is just whos in charge of the Departments at the time. This job can be very stressful, because of the turn over rates of guest and Managers.
Pros
free meals, and pop-up give aways
Cons
healthcare costs, bias to some housekeepers, and departments.
The HR department when I was there had several fun incentives. We would play games at meetings and would win nice prizes. Management has favorites and allow some things with certain employees but reprimand others.
Overall the Marriot chain of hotels is a great place to get a start in your career. Lots of room to grow and plenty of great people to work with as a team
Stressful, eventful, fun. You had to be well prepared mentally for the front desk. Keep a positive attitude and always remember that you leave the way you came in because you did not have to take any with you
Great place to work it will take a lot of hours but hard work pays off in the end I liked working there got to meet of kinds of people wouldn't mind doing it again.
The only thing that I was dissatisfied with was the rate of pay. Other than that it was an enjoyable job. If you don't have a family to support and you like dealing with people, this is a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch, discounts on rooms
Cons
Pay rate