Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Earth City, MO

I was extremely great at my job. I perform deep cleaning and have great guest service skills committed to my job and determined to finish it in a timely fashion I was able to train as well as being a housekeeping supervisor I just choose not to because of the the hours doesn't coincide with my children's time.
Marriott is a great company to work for. They really care about their associates and they take good care of them. I love their motto, take care of your associates and in turn the associates will take care of the guest. I have learned an extreme lot from Marriott about excellent customer service and therefore those skills have been instilled in me, I know what great customer service looks like thanks to Marriott. It has been an awesome experience working for them and I have met a lot of very nice and interesting people, some who have become like family! Love it!
Pros
Great Associate recognition program, great incentives, great benefits
Cons
It is working with the public so sometimes you just can't please everyone no matter what.
Great place to start your career and gain knowledge if this is your plan. Good benefits and great people. Has been a great experience for me.
The people you work with are quite simply, the best. Marriott has a gift drawing in good people and training them quickly. Very great group of motivated individuals. However, due to the industry itself, in any form of managment position you are on call 24/7. Every day of the year. Scheduling often makes building relationships impossible outside of work or to spend any amount of quality time with family or friends. Hours constantly changing from week to week and even day to day in many cases leaves most employees burnt out within a few months and looking for something new. This allows much movement within the company on a property level, but sacrafices stability of staffing. On top of ridiculous, ever changing hours, the compensation for giving up so much is absolutely pathetic. If compensation was even close to fair, many individuals employed on the property level would take second thought of leaving. But as it stands now when you burn out in this industy for this company there is nothing to stop anyone from running for the hills, because even that pays better.
Pros
Consistantly outstanding individuals hired.
Cons
atrocious "compensation", unreliable hours/scheduling
• Review and analyze financial statements and data to improve profitability develop long-range financial plans. • Prepare and control operational budgets and control inventory for hotel. • Plan and present effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company. • Monitor, manage, and improve the efficiency of support services such as IT, HR, Accounts and Finance. • Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions. • Manage customer support and supervise staff of 40 associates • Select and train new employees on the skills and concepts necessary for excellent customer service • Contribute to short and long-term strategic planning as a member of the management team. • Influencing and driving change in organizations through partnership with organizational leaders