Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Fall River, MA

When I first started with Starwood, I knew nothing about phone edict. Through the amazing coaches, was I not only able to learn, but able to progress my job to a management position in less then 6 month!
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Being yelled at by guests
great place, inclusive, all around great place to work, managers treat associates very fairly, coworkers are easy to get along with, positive atmosphere, would recommend
It is a call center, so be prepared for that. If you enjoy that, this is a great place to work. I miss my position as an ambassador and assisting my guests plan work and leisure trips. Management was always supportive when setting and assisting in achieving goals you set together.
Pros
Supportive management, you know what is expected of you daily
Cons
Must live within 50 miles of a center to work remotely.
I enjoyed working there solving the customer's issues. I also enjoyed assisting guests with using their points and getting a hotel room. I especially enjoyed booking for the military being able to apply their military active duty discount.
Pros
Overtime, benafits, friendly work environment
Cons
short breaks
No care for family or personal life you are disposable very rude customers on the phone your bathroom time is monitored and goes against you unless you love slave labor find another minimum wage job
If you have drive, you will do well. Ive been there for 10 years and can say that you build relationships with some of the workers, and leaders and they become like family to you.
The culture has changed a lot since Starwood was acquired. Both customers and employees are treated more like numbers than people. Coming into work no longer feels rewarding or energizing. The pay and benefits are great and the supervisors do their best, but the goals are almost unreachable in some departments I have been constantly stressed, exhausted, and fearful for my job security
Very busy company, not much downtime between calls. This company does offer a work from home option. Guests would seem happy on most occasions but not all.
Pros
option to work from home
Cons
not a friendly atmosphere
If you like your sanity, just don't. "Training" was a joke, literally played "Chinese Telephone". Supervisors sleeping with subordinates, lack of work space. Total joke.
Overall a great company to work for. You survive if you stay to yourself for the most part. Show up and do your job. Of course with many companies it's very clicky so if one person doesn't like you regardless of the reasons or no reasons at all the rest will follow and if they are in a higher tier in the company you won't last long.
Management sucks the HR manager is married to a team leader all supervisors date employees they are rude most of the time they never take phone calls so they can never help u if u need it
I have enjoyed my time at Marriott. I really appreciate the ability to work from home. The hours can be fairly inflexible, but sometimes you get lucky enough to be offered the shift you prefer. In the Ambassador department the shift from SPG to Marriott was very difficult, amd there are still not enough Ambassador agents for the number of people who qualify. It is a fun position, and hopefully they will be able to fix the member to agen ratio going forward.
Decent managers and supervisors. Pay is not commensurate with skill level. Raises within department is non existent. Callers are mostly rude while to trying to assist, self entitled, arrogant and pompous. Required to constantly learn and adapt to unannounced procedures. Training modules are hard to understand sometimes. Variety of system errors complicate the process of assisting callers in a timely manner, which creates frustration for both parties. Strict on the call time guidelines for each call is at best, attainable but not always realistic
Typical day at work is handling inbound calls from Elite customers, assisting with anything from booking reservations to account maintenance, or guest complaints. All the while multi-tasking by actively listening and communicating whilst navigating a variety of programs and systems, to achieve what you need.
It is a relatively easy job if you just pay attention during training. You get the hang of things quick. It is however, a very tedious job. Once Marriott took over a lot changed as did the moral of the employees. Starwood cared about their employees, Marriott its all about number. That's how I feel toward the end. Is one of the reasons I decided to leave.
This job is not for the faint of heart (like myself), but if you can stick it out and learn the ropes then you have an amazing career opportunity on your hands
I enjoyed working for starwood because they were respectful to associates in the beginning, but once they decided to sell the company, thing started to go downhill. People were numbers - easily replaced. As Marriott became more involved in the takeover, things got worse for long term Starwood employees. bonuses became harder to achieve - resulting in a $3 per hour pay cut. First they took our "regular clients" away from us, which also resulted in some very unhappy members.Then overtime was cut, and schedules were changed for long term employees to work undesirable shifts, and new people were hired for the desirable shifts. People felt that we were unwanted, and being pushed out.
Answered incoming calls using the reservation software. Provided excellent customer service while selling various room types at suggested locations. Timed call while being evaluated on a monthly basis by the supervisor.
Temp job was hard to take time off and wasnt allowed to give doctors notes if your child was sick but they offered overtime and had great hours to offer. I wish i had childcare back then as i do now because it was a solid job.
Pros
Discount on hotel rooms
Cons
No mothers hours or flexible for weekend scheduling
This was a ok job for the time being till marriot started to take over then it got worse management policy started to change and it all went down hill was great at the start if your looking for a job it's ok for temporary but I wouldn't suggest it as a permanent job. People quit a lot or get fired.
Pros
Discounts, lots of time off
Cons
Horrible management, lack of training
Worked in a call center that was so unorganized with such poor management it wasn't funny. Long hours, computer systems that never work correctly and performance goals that are unrealistic to achieve. They randomly change benefits and goals so you can't make bonuses and now they don't allow you to earn points on your hotel stays even if it's for incidental charges. Management is barely trained and not required to take calls on the new system so they have no clue as to what you go through on a daily basis and can not help. Customer service has it's hands tied by certain properties and brands to help correct issues.
Pros
Duscounts
Cons
Management, unrealistic goals, defective systems