Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Falls Church, VA

A strong supportive team work environment. I have improved interpersonal skills over a short period thanks to the ready-to-support mindset of each individual in the team. Employees respect and take good care of one another.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
FD can be cold during winter
I love the workplace and the people I worked with. I definitely work with Marriott again. The benefits are great. Management gave the opportunity to learn and help manage the hotel. I learn to do different kinds of positions.
A typical day at work would involve receiving, stocking and checking the inventory, prepare the breakfast buffet, refill breakfast buffet and coffee pots, assist guests with their seatings, welcome guests into the restaurant with a warm genuine smile. the hardest part of the job was trying to accommodate many guests at the same time when it gets extremely busy. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with guests from different cultures and backgrounds. I have learned how to place online food orders for the entire hotel, be a team player and assist others when restaurant operation was slow.
Pros
good montary benefits and cool working environment
Cons
stressful work load as I had to do so many tasks because of staff shortage
work as a sous chef for the Marriott and it was fun and super fast paced. we would do a lot of big parties for different companies, as well as weddings. left only because I needed more work life balance.
Marriott has been by far the best company I have worked for. They listen and appreciate their employees. Only bad thing i have to say is compensation. Work on that and I would have never left.
I had fun working for Starwood and then Marriott when they acquired my hotel and the entire company. Working in hotels is so enjoyable because you have the chance to meet different people all the time. My day starts with a busy checkout and interacting with guests who are leaving the hotel. I have to make sure that they are 100% satisfied with their stay and to be certain to recover any setback from hour side. I have learned many things through working with Starwood/Marriott. I believe loving and caring for people was the best attribute that I got enhanced through dealing with so many people from different backgrounds.
Pros
Continuous training and developing
Cons
Busy all the time
fun, fast paced environment to expand your career with. lots of room for growth in management. quality of training offered is hands down one of the best in the industry. lots of great people to work with
No two days were ever the same. Job involved checking people in/out, closing all end of day reports, providing reports to several departments, meeting with coworkers and managers to go over all front desk goals, answering phones and being available to pitch in across different departments when necessary.
Very enjoyable,rewarding and exciting. Learned all trades of Hotel security. Excellent management. All very cooperative and professions.Very nice people. Liked the job too much. Guest's satisfaction and multiple awards from the Marriott.
Pros
Free dinner and breakkfast.
Cons
Sometime very hectic but I liked it.
Goed ontwikkeld trainingsprogramma dat mij heeft klaargestoomd voor leidinggevende posities in de hotellerie.
Great bosses, great team, and a fun place to work. It has its difficult days but also has it's good days. Met a lot of people from around the world and learned a lot. It's a great company to work for.
The Marriott company is very family oriented and away with my schedule at the time.
I enjoyed working the Westin Hotel. I learned and grew both as a person and professional. The hardest part was not having enough time to balance both work and home.
Benefits
Cons
Too far from home, it required 24 hours 7 days a week commitment
Marriott is a great company to work for that prides itself on exceptional customer service, community, and core values. A typical day is steadily paced with stand-up meetings with breifing of the team regarding guest issues, tasks, widely important goals, and guest satisfaction survey scores. I have learned to enhance my skills in communication, dealing with diverse clients, working both individually and collectively to achieve and maintain company goals. The most challenging and most enjoyable part of the job is meeting and exceeding the guests and managements expectations.
Pros
great benefits and flexibility.
Cons
slow seasons.