Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Fayetteville, NC

The bar and kitchen are both beautiful and clean. about 40% of guests are recurring so it is easy to appease regulars and create a friendly atmosphere. The bartender is also the cook for dinner so you have to be ready to be away from the bar to prepare quick meals, but customers are usually very understanding of the time management needed to satisfy all customer needs.
Overall a good place to work at ,Great Guest,I was happy coming into work.They pay attention to the employees with their concerns and needs and wants.
I was content working for Marriott. After working at two different locations, I moved up to training new hires. Training new hires gave me a sense of importance.
Each day I am able to use all the skills I have learned over the past 14 years to make sure my guest and my associates are happy and we are all productive. We meet people from all over the world and we are able to provide them service that they don't expect. Its so great to make someone's day better or to help them with whatever challenges they have come across that day with the hotel amenties.
Marriott is a great company to work for.like any other company ,it has its moments butall in allits a pretty decent enviroment.very profesional and full of energy
at every single job you will work for the rest of your life you will deal with miserable people you will deal with gossipers you will deal with stirrers, its the same here as it is everywhere
Pros
there are really good people guests and coworkers
Cons
management, pay
It's been almost twenty years since i worked for this company so i'm no longer a good judge of whether or not you should work for them. they were fair as i recall
Most days at work can be long and challenging because we are around the campus of Fort Bragg military base. We get a lot of service from them. Ive learned that it is not a job where you can play around because guests want to feel like they are at home when they stay. Everyone has to work together to complete the goal and task at hand. We have had a recent change in management. Our GM is a great boss he can take the most horrible sour and bitter lemon and make the most sweetest lemonade. The hardest part of my job is depending on my shift, I work mostly from 3pm to 11pm. The hardest part would trying to make sure that our rewards members are put exactly where they belong. The most enjoying and rewarding part of my job is making then guest feel like family, talking, laughing, and helping them makes me feel like I am great at what I do.
Pros
Good Meals, Good Experience of Cooperate America
Cons
Short Breaks, and Lack of service because of Upgrades.
Great company to work for with great employee benefits. It is advised to fully understand the job description that you are applying for in order to lower the turnover rate.
My nights always start off with smiles to my guest. Making sure if needed a wake up call or anything else before they turn in for the night.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Nights
Coordinate guest services, schedule meeting rooms and group sales with measurements on quantity and quality. Handle customer service complaints. Light bookkeeping and accounts payable through Excel & MS Access experience, take checks from various sources and post accordingly, experience handling cash, payment and billing system access.
great people that work there, management has changed but for the better
I never had a specific role at this property. I took it upon myself to cross train in different departments. I started out in housekeeping and progressed to Guest Service Representative. I learned that hard work pays off. Management allowed me the opportunity to grow and learn. They were also very involved with their associates and the community. The hardest part of the job was there was not room for promotions within. I did love that we were paid weekly and the benefits were great. We did a lot of charity work and volunteering.
You get an employee rate that helps when you are traveling. Depending on the property that you work at you can easily take time off around the holidays. The hotel industry is fun and always something different everyday.
Typically the moment I get to work and clock in my GM would greet me. We would discus interesting things that have happened since my last day at work. After this I would make my way to the Front Desk, the employee working the shift before me would have the cash drawer balanced and ready to be checked again. A job at a hotel is a great thing to have. You meet some awesome people and get to try to fix anything that you can to make them happy. My favorite part was the regulars. Every day I came to work I made sure to check for any and if I found that one of their preferences were not fulfilled I would do my best to adjust it to make them happy but not too much and upset housekeeping. A lot of times the hotel would oversell the rooms and we would fill up before I came to work. One of the hardest things I had to do was to tell someone that I didn't have any rooms left for them even though they already booked their room online but we made sure that we had found a room for them already, at no cost to the guest.
Typical workday, Cleaning by day, patrolling & securing the hotel by night.
Pros
Discounts at other Marriott
Cons
No balance in life, and for people having to work two jobs, not good
A typical day was taking care of my guest making sure that all their needs were met.Then checking on my staff and making sure all is well with them. I went for Desk Clerk to supervisor less than a year. The hardest part was the scheduled only if there were a lot of request. My favorite part was talking with my guest, I am a people person so I really enjoyed meeting different people from different walk of life..
Pros
Meeting new people and helping them enjoy their stay.
Cons
Staff requesting days off last minute . Being a franchise .
Was a great place to work at and to introduce me to hospitality side of things, would love to advance further with a cooperate branch.
Pros
Meeting different cultures
Cons
Alot of down time
Going to Residence Inn everyday is like leaving home and going home. The staff are great people. The management team works really hard together to make sure that the hotel runs smoothly and that all guest are happy! The hardest part of my job is to make sure that all responsibilities are balanced well to ensure the job gets completely done. The greatest part of my job is knowing that my hotel is growing and the best in this area.
Pros
good benefits, great atmosphere
Cons
hours. inflexibilty
From the moment I hit the hotel floor i would be busy, dealing with alot of goverment employee that had extended stays at our hotel. I picked up a effiecent amount of sales experience at the hotel. My experience was pleasant I could say nothing negative about the guest or my experience.