Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Fort Collins, CO

Night Auditor is a special position. I wanted a night time role so I could have days free. There is not too much of a career path for growth in this position described. Although, the position is more inclusive because it has to perform daytime tasks of other workgroups. Night Auditors have the opportunity and support to make independent decisions.
Pros
Days free, Night Auditors get a free meal per shift.
Cons
Night time job. Its pro is its con.
I worked the audit shift so hard to tell what it was like during the day but the FD manager always left stupid notes about stuff that had nothing to do with audit and always wanted us to show up at meeting at 2 or 3pm just make sure we didn't get a good day's sleep before being up all night.
This job has some amazing people in house, though some are unqualified to be in their position. The bad part is how critical the property manager is about lowering the employment costs. It's not fun to be at the bottom of this totem pole.
Pros
discount
Cons
poor pay structures
Marriott was a good place to work, the pay was bad, but everything else was ok. I liked my last manager I had, the ones before that, not so much. Like all companies you have your politics, but overall it was a good job. The benefits are good, and discounts are also good.
i was a dishwasher witch meant i cleaned the whole kitchen plus my area the dishes the silverware the queens and the faculty lunchroom along with that i would use chemicals to clean the drains and certain kitchen items like the ovens
Pros
free meals amazing pay great people
Cons
almost every time we had a banquette i would be there until 3 or 4 am
It was a great place to work when it came to the people. However, the management was pretty closed minded when it came to the food operations side. I left because they were not giving us the tools to do our job efficiently.
Very busy, always had something to clean or do. Management were wonderful and caring, and made banquets fun. It was hard work and lifting heavy things could be challenging at times.
fast turnover in this environment being at the front desk you get the constant complaints. when I left Marriott there was no desk workers there from when I started.
They paid me terribly for running a giant kitchen by myself for the most part. The chef likes to push of the fault onto cooks while he takes a vacation every month. i was also paid 5 dollars less an hour to do the exact same work as others.
Cons
terrible managmentf
A good entry level job but you get paid minimum and they cut your hours/send you home very often. No communication between management and other employees. Little to no scheduling flexibility. They let you have piercings/tattoo/shaved head, until when 'audit' season comes around they suddenly have strict rules. Lots of standing around. Very difficult programs to use.
Pros
Free food after banquets
I enjoy being part of Marriott Hotels. Our guests love the fact that when they come into any one of Marriott hotels, that hey can be assured of great service and a quality team!
I dont have much of a review to leave. My manager at the time was very understanding and worked well with my school schedule. I really enjoyed working for courtyard by marriott.
I miss this hotel and worked with good people and watched it change to upgraded rooms and the beauty of it how it was built.. still home to me in a way.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
took breaks when i needed too, .
Working for Marriott was amazing Mr.Marriott really truely cares about his employees and makes sure they know that. Marriott managed properties are ran well and give you the feeling of a family. Working in a hotel setting can be hard but also rewarding.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
could be sold to franchise that do not hold such standards
Working one on one with clients and guests was a pleasure on a daily basis. Being able to make a guest day by being a 'hero' was a wonderful feeling. The teamwork among co-workers was second to none. Management was supportive, but demanding at the same time.
Pros
Free food and amazing discounts on hotel rooms through out the Marriott property family.
Working for the marriot was great. I really loved by job there. Until they hired a exec. chef and her and I hit it off at first but then, well then we didn't. I moved to windsor and was still driving in for a few hours a week it was the recession and everyones hours got cut so i filled out a app on craigslist and got the job for aramark
Pros
free lunches, goood people to work with
Cons
exec. chef
Typical day - always changing. Didn't have much down time - ran the cash register, rotated servers, and kept up with guests.
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
too tempting to not drink alcohol on the job - got fired.
Every day was never the same of the hours, then on my days off I would get called in if someone got called out. The most enjoyable part of my job was that I got to expierence so many different departments of the hotel industry and meet guests from all over the world. The hardest part was financially being able to maintain.
Pros
free breakfast every work day, plus played games and had a meeting every morning to discuss the day
Cons
no benefits, no chance of able to move into management
I worked there as the opening kitchen crew. Loved it! Only had one bad management apple and they got rid of him sadly after I left. But the people I worked with were the best!
Pros
co-workers
Cons
bad egg asst manager
Monitored linen inventory, working with both the Assistant Manager and housekeepers to maintain acceptable counts.Teamed with the Assistant Manager to resolve issues within various hotel departments to heighten cohesiveness and efficiency.Conferred weekly with various internal staff, including colleagues and the Assistant Manager, about menu items, food, and staff each week.
Pros
employee activities, benefits, and training.
Cons
short breaks