Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Wonderful place to work,the environment that is created helps makes work easier we ensure that creating a safe and fun ambiance for our guest is our highest priority
I loved my job at Marriott Harbor beach resort, but because of Covid 19my job was eliminated. I was a supervisor for the pool/beach area for 13 years. I feel Marriott Intl. could of done more to help out seasoned employees. We have stood strong with Marriott through out our careers, with Openings/Closings remodeling and everything else they threw at us.I was proud to be a Marriott associate .
Pros
working as a team together
Cons
some management expiration's
Marriott great company to work for. The management was the best I have ever worked with. They worked with you to get you the the resources you needed and were also there if you needed them for personal reasons. They always encouraged you to learn as much as you wanted and also encouraged you to learn other departments if you wanted as well. The culture at Marriott was laid back but structured. They were always willing to work with you when it came to time off of any kind. Also the pay was the best way. They have raises all the time. Overall Marriott was an amazing company to work for.
Pros
cheap lunches, great pay, good healthcare.
Cons
short breaks
Marriott International, Inc.. is not only one of the largest civilian employers in the world, but a school for its employees more specifically me. Due to training, I become a better man, a real professional. As a result, I could impact positively my work environment by my leadership skills, and overcome easily the incomprehension which is the most difficult part of the job. Finally, the philosophy of the company is the most enjoyable part of the job. Marriott International Inc.. has more than 168.000 employees that are coming from different countries and cultures. Under the company's philosophy we form a great family. During my experience, I was treated like a family member instead of an employee.
Pros
Employees' birthday party
Cons
Overall it’s a good job to work at for starters and if you need a job ASAP they give you a lot work also good people to work with and very nice with you
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Amazing benefits, good leadership m, amazing company to work for. Amor if room for internal growth. Definitely a place to work if you are looking for a career
Franchise locations dont pay fairly or allow for advancement even after being with them for 10 years. Great place to learn how to interact with people and be personable for another career.
Pros
Can be a good gateway for better career
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
Great location and high volume establishment. Managing work flow and club member guest requests was a welcomed challenge. Hihly recommend a visit, drink, or a meal.
Marriott has a very diverse staff and encourages cultural exchange. Working there made me feel at home as I was able to relate with my coworkers. They guided me and helped me transition into the Marriott family.
great company , they make sure the employees have healthcare , 401k they care about workers , they give you discounts in hotels and monthly parties for appreciation
Pros
party
I applied for a role not knowing to much about it, It was nothing more than a utility role Running around the hotel for the events that we had. And Managers were rude.
four points by sheraton fort lauderdale airport cruise port is the WORST hotel to work for, you have the tasks you are supposed to do and then they expect you to do a bunch of other stuff that's way out of your area of expertise. The pay is terrible, they don't offer any sick leave, paid vacation NOTHING, unless you're desperate don't apply here, they work you like a dog work very low pay and no incentives.
Great place to work, great ambiance, great coworkers, great pay, great benefits, family oriented. I strongly recommend this place to work. Feels like.second home.
Productive, comfortable, professional place to work. Management and Co- workers are extremely friendly and team player oriented. Great commute, opportunity for growth within.
Working for Marriott is a pleasant and rewarding experience. You look forward to going to work because team work at Marriott is the best making the working conditions enjoyable.
don't recommend this place, they don't care about their employees , pay isn't that great compared to others. really wanted this job to work. they micromanage way too much and makes the job stressful.
Started as a starwood then bought by Marriott. Many small changes to the workplace culture. Poor hands on management with obvious favoritism. Was a fun place to work in the beginning. Because management was barely seen you took on responsibility of dealing with issues, which as a positive made you proactive.
That's a very nice place lobby is excellent, management is great and our engineering team is outstanding. We have a nice pool, and a very nice fitness where guest can go workout 24/7
I loved working for the hotels. It offers all employees a chance to advance with training and continued support. You are not limited to work in only one location. You are able to continue with the company at different areas with a company transfer. Excellent.
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Sometimes long hours
cleaning all assigned guestrooms including dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal from rooms, and retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning, replenish room with supplies. Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment. Follow departmental policies and procedures and services standards. Report necessary maintenance items, and follow all safety and sanitation policies.
Great Place to work. Great upward mobility. Great training program and to grow professionally. Great group of people to work with. I would recommend Marriott to anyone - particularly young people just starting their career.