Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Herndon, VA

Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.
Pros
Hotels all over
Cons
Can be slow and boring
This is one of the best properties to work at. Everyone has a great day and works hard here. Management team here is one of the best teams I have ever worked for!
Pros
Team
Era un buen ambiente de trabajo Siempre nos motivaban para poder hacer un buen trabajo Cada día , Todas las mañanas antes de empezar el día laboral nos reunían , y nos decían que estábamos haciendo mal Y que podíamos hacer para mejorar nuestro trabajo La verdad me encantaba mi trabajo Amo ser houskeeper
The first month on the job you feel great and energetic like new life has pumped into you. Once the second month enters you begin to see the real colors of management and how they are more concern of their BONUSES and MAKING THE NUMBERS then looking or caring about their employees.
Pros
Weekly pay, Flexibility for college students
Cons
Communication, Constant reminding management of issues
The Westin is a great place to work. Everyone is super nice and easy to get along with.
A typical day at work can vary everyday. Different people come thru everyday. There is always different events, and projects to do. I've learnt how to handle any kind of person who has come my way, whether mad or happy. All my co-workers are wonderful people, and hard workers. The hardest part of my job would probably the hours, sometimes your working all times of the day and the inconsistency is exhausting. What I love most about my job is making the guest happy. Also, my co-workers. There all really the best people to work with.
I enjoyed working with the General Manager. She was wonderful and created a nurturing environment for employees to be successful and have a good work life balance. She promoted relationship selling and because of these efforts I was highly successful.
Pros
Built in 2009, great relationships with co-workers and others
Benefits
My duties include running reports checking guest in/out,counting cash drawer at begining and end of shift.processing credit cards authorizations,processing advance deposits,stocking hotel market. I am also responsiable for ordering all of front desk materials and placing orders for all market items. I am also responsiable for lost and found dept. Another part of my duties in opening the house for housekeepers each morning. I have overseen the responsiability for the past six years every saturday of making sure that the hotel is running smoothly and that the guest is being taken care of. The most enjoyable part of my job is when I can put a smile on the face of my guest. The hardest part of my job is when I am unable to satisfy a guest.
running a breakfast and lunch buffet shift, payroll, discipline, Schedule, paychecks, educating staff and motivating them.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
n/a
My duties are to managed, assist, and oversee front desk staff responsibilities. Ensuring all guests are being services in a professional and knowledgeable manner. I handled the daily transactions of credit card charges, cash deposits, and certificates to maintain balance between rates and rooms sold. I have a working knowledge of each shifts and how daily reports are uphold. I’d Communications between departments to ensure the safety and satisfaction of our guests. Customer care and daily guest disputes are directly to me guarantee gratification between guests and the Marriott brand. I’m in charge of managing budgets, scheduling, writing reviews, assist with disciplinary actions, and preserve team morale for my associates.