Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Hollywood, FL

Hollywood, FL43 reviews
Marriott is a excellent work environment where they treat the guest like family as well as the employees! Marriott has a team partnership where everyone is successful, due to the fact the encourge one another to be nothing less than there best!
great coworkers, loved my team in all departments. felt like a family, but the pandemic showed true colors. would return if things went back to normal, but management was too irritating. procedures are more difficult than necessary. should have been given a raise with all the praise but HR,,, you know the rest.
Pros
good hours, good employees, benefits
Cons
short or no breaks, annoying management, unnecessary procedures
They take advantage of you . Make you work like crazy when they're busy but once they don't need you they just dropped you like a bag of dirty laundry. Management office really need workers who knows what they're doing. Waist of time working there.
El almuerzo es gratis igual el desayuno. El trato de parte de la administración y supervisión es respetuoso . Muy buena colaboración entre el personal y la supervisión.
She has favored she choose who she like and she use a big smile to believe her that she like you but she like her own people as I always try to do my best she always put you down treat in people like you are stupid they don’t no how to talk to they employees every day I was coming home stressed though that I never do a good job is sad no to be appreciated..they only good manager there is the night shift manager very understanding and helpful guy..
Marriott has always been a lead innovator in Hospitality. The company really cares about its employees and the culture of the property. You wont be disappointed working for a company that invest a lot of money in the welfare of the building and brand
The hotel industry is a great but when you work for the largest hotel industry in the world. Makes it so much better for growth if I ever choose to go back they will be the to work for.
Best Job, Best Company!...........I can say they take care of the employees, thus the employees take amazing care of all of the guests..............................
Pros
Cons
N/a
Marriott is a place where you can grow give you get a lot of job opportunities to move up the ladder very people-friendly place customer guess our top priority very clean environment
Pros
Hotel discount
Cons
No free lunch
As Supervisor, inspect rooms according with guest expectations and Hotel culture. Assist guest with requirements and/or complaints. Prepare VIP rooms.
I like to work in hospitality industry, serving the guest and exceed guest expectation creating a unique and memorable experience, working as a team player.
Pros
free parking
Cons
some weeks working 30-32 hours
Patrol property, assist guest when locked out, customer service, providing security for special group functions. securing property after workers completed their chores
I was first point of contact with each guest as they entered the hotel. Greeted guests using five second five feet rule. Registering and booking guests in and out of their rooms while accommodating and special requests. Handling all stages of a guests stay as well as giving them the run down of the hotel.
I have nothing bad to say about the job its was overall an amazing experience and i enjoyed every part of it. Mr. Leon was amazing and patient the food was great got complimentary lunch and breakfast i wish i was still a part of it. One of the best opportunities you can ever get.
I think this is a great place to work,it is a huge property with 800+ employees they offer free parking and free lunches to all.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
union
The job is not too demanding the only issue I have is that it is very difficult to move up in the company. They also do not Appreciate hard worksmanship
My typical day start at 8:00am and ending at 10:pm 14 hours a day 6 days a week. I learned that no matter the building collapses If you are able to save money for the owner. the management team abusing of authority and use profanities words with employees to impose they authority. Very good staff as a co-workers, the best peoples ever seen in my life. The hardest part was having to leave the company after thirteen years of work. The more enjoyable part was work with my staff every day and thanks them for the good work done every day at the end of the day
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Healthcare
Very simple and easy going if you know what you are doing and most of the staff is very friendly and polite. I personally maintain the building so it always looks at its best.
This hotel was designed for honeymooners and short night stays there was not to much to do other than the beach at this location, being I worked in the restaurant as well as being the event coordinator I mainly dealt with the kitchen staff and the groups, so I really hard a lot to do. Everyday was not easy, but this hotel was the motivation I needed to help me stir my path into hospitality.
love my staff even though it had its ups and downs when it came on to scheduling. however the job labor isn't top much just a lot of running and walking backhand forth. pays well and managers most times are flexible.
The Westin Diplomat is your home away from home. The level of team work there and the sense of family makes you happy to go to work each day. This is fitting, since one spends more time at work than they do with their own families. A great place to work.