Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

● Work-life balanceIt's not enough money to live off of but if your looking to have a job that you can just make spending money off of this would be great ! I love working here because it's only 4 hours a day and I get to be home with my kids all day but I just wish the pay was worth it !!!● Pay & benefitsThey honestly suck they haven't offered anything to me since I've been here! not even a login to see my check stubs ...● ManagementWhen they do get a manager they don't keep them we have been through 6 Managers since my very first day.● OverallI love working for them but just don't have the opportunity to make enough money with my job !! I would suggest the management not be so tight on the budget because you have to spend it to make it !!! When we don't have things we need we can't satisfy every guests so that means no tips witch is 30% of our check if we don't make tips then it's not worth working my job (bistro) . I feel like I have to much potential going to waste and not making my desired salary!!
Fair, decent job.. nothing major to complain about, nothing great to rave about. This is your basic run of the mill sales job you take the good with the bad there were no extremes in this job.
Pros
Fairness
Cons
Pay rate
While working at the Indianapolis Marriott Downtown I was presented instantly with great conversation & genuine passion for work! The experience has taught me a lot about myself and what I plan to take with me to future jobs and careers!
I appreciate the open door policy at my place of work. I also appreciate the diverse, and family orientated staff. Work can be challenging, but the employees helping each other out makes it a beautiful experience. That is what is most enjoyable.
i worked the am shift it was cool really just stayed to myself and did my job. management was easy going. it was a nice place to work and i would go back to work for them
While working for Marriott I work two different departments. Each department is ran differently I really enjoyed doing serving for Marriott they worked with me
Cons
Horrible management
Im responsible for repairs at Marriott, Fairfield, Delta hotel, and Lincoln Square. Grounds work, snow removal, pool levels checked, plumbing and eletrical
Since I was new a typical day would be me clocking in to start the day and going to shadow whoever was working for the day. After a while i got my own login and started to work more on my on. While i was there I learned a lot as far as how everything worked in the hotel. The system was complicated and it took some getting used to to really understand. The culture was very high energy and fast paced, which wasn't a bad thing but it was hard to always match the energy of everyone else. The hardest part of the job was trying to branch off from shadowing to being on my on because i didn't want to mess anything up. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to meet so many different people in that one environment.
Mostly a fun place to work. I enjoy my co-workers. Management has just changed so there is a growing into the newness of the new management team. Is more fractured as a team then in past.
this is challenging to employees of the hotels directly as well as 3rd party agencies. Because the company owns such a large portion of hotel industry, they are able to set standards for salary and commissions.
I would never recommend someone to work here the manager is very disrespectful and don’t know how to talk to her employees don’t know how to schedule her employees failure job
This sleek hotel featuring a glowing glass roof is 8.1 miles from downtown Indianapolis and 10.1 miles from White River State Park. The traditional rooms have flat-screen TVs with premium cable channels, desks and coffeemakers. WiFi is available (fee). Suites add separate living areas with sofas, plus minifridges, extra TVs and/or wet bars. A few rooms open directly to a courtyard. Some quarters have access to a concierge lounge with free breakfast and evening snacks. There's a chic bistro and wine bar, plus a coffee shop. Other perks include an indoor pool, a hot tub and a gym. There's also 75,000 sq ft of meeting space and a business center.
I looking to relocate to mexico I love the marriott brabd and I would live to stay with marriott Love culture.I love de companys visition
Fun place to work. benefits were great, Very nice hotel. Management knew what they were doing and treated their employees right. It was a pleasure working there.
I like working for Marriott hotel off of 21st and Shadeland ,I work for them for some years and a good worker and like that it keep me busy and my hands stay moving.
All around good company to work for. Works around your schedule. Listens to the employees opinion. When cleaning up i can listen to my music. Will offer you overtime if its available.
Pros
Discounts bonuses
Cons
it is an okay job but I'm looking for a career, as of current I work as a prep cook, I'm looking to do more, learn more, & be more with in a company.
Pros
alway able to get 40 or plus hours
Cons
lack of advancement opportunities
*8am or earlier based on conventions and u[out around 9pm *Director of F&B, Engineering and Housekeeping *Weak on the operations side but he is no longer there. *OLD school Management at the time *Hours no fam. Life * Guests
Pros
good Benifits
Cons
Decent place to work at! Manager was not the best due to not being available at times, was often rude to other employees/co-workers, never sent request for new uniform when other one was damaged. Co-workers where friendly but when I first started they told me what to say and what not to say towards the manager which I thought was odd.
Pros
Free breakfast, taking your time with tasks(washing dishes, cleaning, etc.)
Cons
Short breaks, dealing with rude/upset guests, having to wake up early for early breakfast
I absolutely love my job here! It is amazing staff wise, manager wise, and not to mention all the amazing people I meet every day from all over the world! I have learned so much working here and we are like a family. Every day I work I learn something new from either a guest, or one of my coworkers. It is truly a great work place.
Management is overworked. Therefore, they are not completely staffed, leaving the business short staffed and lacking organization. The service suffers due to a lack of service providers and staff fatigue. Managers do not respond to calls or emails due to their extreme fatigue. There is little room for advancement because management does not have the time to respond to requests of recommendations or approval for staff relocation. ...unless you want to be a manager in that area to work more hours for less money. However, Marriott Intl. is making great moves towards overall changes. It just needs to filter down in a very desperate way.
Pros
discounts, insurance for servers and bartenders, Pto
Cons
no breaks, overworked, understaffed, poor management