Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Irvine, CA

Amazing company. Came in as a temp, then became hired on full-time. Would have stayed longer if it wasn't for Covid-19 I will greatly miss working for Marriott.
Good job if you want to be in hotels but they promise a very people-first mentality and there really isn’t much of that going. Act like they care most about their employees but don’t really
I have never worked at a place with such great management, starting from the top, all the way down. We are a smaller hotel, but for the most part everyone is a team player. I’ve worked at quite a few places, and I’m my experience, this has been the best company yet! Great benefits, great room discounts!
Pros
Very flexible with scheduling and vacations
Cons
I honestly can’t think of any cons
Lots of computer work, Lots of research to place business in hotels all over the world. Marriott believes in Take Care and Putting People First The most inspiring moments in my position come when I make a positive impact in someone’s life. Creating a memorable experience for a guest or supporting a team member.
Decent place to work. A lot depends on what hotel you’re at and who the General Manager is. For example Irvine Spectrum Marriott is poorly run, whereas the GM of Irvine Marriott, made it a point to hire managers who care about their employees
Pros
Coworkers can be fun
Cons
Some managers are lost
Out of line supervisor, free to make your life miserable. Unchecked. Supervisor attempted multiple times to "frame" me for others errors. Favoritism ruled the department egregiously.
The new chef was two face made you think everything was ok your job was secure but behind your back he was working on way to get you out. nobody wants to work there. he schedules people 6 days without asking if you tell him you cant then he'll retaliate.
Was treated great from management to the overall hotel. Work was good consistent could not complain about anything one of the best jobs that I have had
Cons
Definitely a place where you can grow. This company cares about their employees well-being. You are able to be yourself and not get caught into the robotics of the service industry
Pros
Excellent managers
Cons
Some of the staff is very young and inexperienced - affects guests experience
Management fluctuates depending on the property. Marriott Irvine Spectrum is a horrible location. Your schedule and availability is not followed, your direct management team doesn’t care about their employees and upper management is focused on keeping their managers happy instead of the employees. The Hive and Honey management team is worst of all, they genuinely do not care about their employees well being only their sales and will force a server to take on 100 drunk guests themselves on a Friday night.
Enjoyable place to work. They provide comprehensive training, positive work environment, great benefits, team building atmosphere and plenty of room for advancement
Working at Marriott for the last 8 years has proven that not only is this a fantastic way to learn how to better treat your guests, but it has proved that the company is serious about how they treat their associates. They work hard to provide a great experience from orientation to ones final professional journey. The embrace the culture of treating the associate well, so that the associate treats the guest better. They are family, and strive daily to help in your growth and professional wisdom. You could not pick a better place to work.
They definitely make you work and keep you busy and it can get very exhausting. At first the pay seemed good but I quickly realized it wasn't worth it if I had to come in at 5 AM and end up doing over time when I didn't plan on it. I worked for a new hotel in Irvine and even after being open for a year didn't have their act together. Management tried their best and I honestly feel bad for them. Marriott is so rich so they should start paying more in addition to the good benefits.
I was the director of engineering at the Irvine Marriott my day started at 7am until 6-7in the evening in was overseeing a crew of 10 engineers andv5 landscapers I was responcably for the maintance of the hotel and administering the capital improvement projects
Pros
great co
Cons
amazing amount of hours
I have been with Marriott for over 4 years. They are a wonderful company with tons of opportunity to move up into management. The culture makes you feel like you're a part of a family. I would highly recommend Marriott to anyone!
Fast paced but get a lot of exposure to other people and lifestyles around the world. Have to be attentive and think one step ahead. Amazing job opportunity for anyone who like hospitality
Pros
Free food, discounts on rooms
Cons
Short breaks, have to plan way ahead for vacations
Marriott is a great place to work. I just reached my first year working in this company and it seams like a month. The GM and supervisors are amazing people to work for.
Pros
Great benefits and job security
Cons
Not too competitive salaries among the Industry field
A new business is hard to open, a new hotels more so but with the proper hierarchy, an opening can be smooth. Almost a year from opening and still with a bare-bones crew only starting the hiring process now. This means long hours and long weeks. But there are many rays of sunshine that poke through the clouds. The overall benefits and day to day labor are worth the time spent, and big picture this job is great. The benefits work very well with the idea of travel, family and friends use my discount more than I. Health/Dental/Vision/401K are all covered and the plans are reasonable. PTO/sick days are accrued quickly and I have had no problem with taking time off when needed. The staff is friendly in ALL departments, everyone seems to understand the work that each of us is putting in and we respect in kind. I have made friends that transcend beyond the workplace.
Pros
Random acts of kindness
Cons
corporate politics
I would recommend Marriott International, Inc to someone looking for a new job. Working at the front desk made it difficult to find life-work balance, but the pay is fair and competitive and there are great benefits that come with the job.
Pros
benefits, fair pay
Cons
schedule
Guest were always friendly, coworkers treated me like family. Extremely fast paced, sometimes hectic. Were given rewards on work almost daily during daily meeting.
Pros
Friendly Enviornment
Cons
Long work days
Marriott do care about there employees good benefits ect. looking to keep climbing the lader and working for them again since i had to leave California due to family matter...