Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Irving, TX

Such a great environment to be part of. The energy with Marriott International is like no other. The respect they have with the guest and staff is amazing. I remember getting out of high school and being 19, I had no idea that the hospitality path was going to be my passion. There is no doubt in my mind that this company is for a lifetime career. They not only help you grow in your career path, but also make it productive and energetic.
Your experience with Marriott will depend greatly on the property. While the corporate culture is based on inclusion, mentorship, and teamwork, it is up to the management of each hotel to meet those standards. When they do not, employees suffer. My experience was in a truly toxic property, so poorly managed that standard employees were working upwards of 50 hours a week. Management would pit employees against each other in childish disputes, talk about others' private information behind their backs, and absolutely refused to have their team's back when dealing with nasty guests. Sales goals and overheads were the exclusive aims, resulting in consistently overbooked weeks while understaffing to the point of lunacy. Adequate safety precautions were not taken to protect staff from construction and chemical storage. Retaliation was common, and I personally knew 4 people who suffered mental breakdowns and had to leave. It was the most psychologically abusive environment I have ever worked in, and the Marriott 6-month rule, perhaps protective in other places, left everyone feeling trapped. I quit 3 months in and would hesitate to rejoin the company since, on reporting the issues to district HR, a large group of us were told changes would be made, and none came. Allowing festering sores like the hotel I worked at to continue operating as-is will be the downfall of the company ideals.If you take a job at Marriott, stay sharp, and if it seems that the environment is toxic, begin seeking work outside the company immediately. It simply isn't worth the utter apathy of upper HR to - more...
Pros
Free meals, discounts, personal training materials
Cons
No transfers within 6 month period, poor local management, low pay, hours make holding another job impossible even if you are barely scheduled, no work over holidays
This a franchisee of Marriott they are so over the inept management they are threatening to pull their name off the side of the hotel. Which would be my recommendation. Underfunded benefits.bare bones insurance coverage and no HR person. 😢 .
The marriott culture is really a very team oriented company. The brand standards are implemented daily involving what we wear, our attention to detail, and our over-all hospitality to our guest.
Pros
Free meals, Weekly paydays
Cons
Salaries could use a little improvement
Learned plenty about customer service, scheduling, dispatch. Worked with accounts. Great environment. A lot of team work. Can be very fast pace. Worked with different clients.
You work hard and there is the lack of pay and there is no incentives and forget about being promoted. They promoted people with no experience and that haven't been with the company that long
Cons
Love to work in this place all people working there are very nice.
*I Learned a lot about how hotels work *Management is overall good. One of the restaurant managers is very serious about her job *the biggest challenge is the hotel business is very unpredictable *Co-workers are great
Pros
Great Benefits
I had a great time working at the Marriott. We had a amazing staff and great managers. Bartending there was a great experience I met a lot of wonderful people with it being a airport hotel.
Fast paced environment can get a little chaotic when the weather changes. We become extremely busy during football season which is very fun, we get to see and meet people from all over the world which has its perks.
A typical day at work was stocking, filing, copying, transferring phone calls, and watching the security camera. I learned a lot like how to make room service reservations, spa reservations, using the phones, transferring calls, and so on. Management was nice. Co-workers were very nice and helpful. I liked it. Therefore, there was no hardest part. The most enjoyable part was watching the security camera and keeping busy.
Pros
Keeping busy
Cons
The most rewarding part of my job was knowing that I was teaching individuals skills that would support them of the rest of their lives. The hardest part of my job was opening new hotels and losing associates that were very good and having to start all over. Also I had a very supportive upper management team that knew how to lay out goals and objectives.
Pros
Marriott is a leader in training.
Cons
very large company, hard to get noticed
Marriott is a great company to work for if you are okay with being complacent. Advancement is available, just to a select few.
Pros
Pay weekly, great discounts.
Cons
Not enough fair chances to advance, buddy system
 Managed guest complaint and carefully resolve in an expeditious manner.  Organized work schedules and assignments for shift personnel  Effectively handle any security related incidents which arise on shift  Observe and report any security breaches along with monitoring CCTV Security cameras  Conducted daily physical hazard inspections and daily patrols and complete all reports
Marriott is a great company to work for. Diverse workplace, specially working with different countries and culture's people is an absolutely great way to learn and share each others idea. I've learned respect,courage, patience & team-work in Hospitality Industry by working with some good people. My management team is awesome and people I work with have such a great personality that we always help each others department to make sure everything is running smoothly. Which is from our internal customer (our employees) to external customers. The hardest part of the job is making everyone happy is sometimes difficult. But we always tried our best. The most enjoyable part of my job to see happy customer with their smile or happy co-worker. Human personality is very difficult to learn but if you have a positive attitude and works in a diverse workplace it really helps a lot. I am proud to be a part of Marriott Family.
Pros
30 minutes lunch break & Paid time off
Cons
Health Insurance
Staff associates are typically quite dedicated to their work.
Pros
overall dedication to excellence in the food/hospitality industry.
I Worked at the DFW Marriott for over two years. It was a good experience but am currently looking for a summer internship with a company I can continue my long term career with.
deliver professional, courteous, and efficient service to the guests
The magement is awesome, always an open door policy. I feel this is the best place I have worked
Pros
non stessful
Cons
pay could be better
Depending on the depart I was assign to: work the Concierge Lounge, typically started my day at 5:30 am set up the food station and set out the beverages then catered and cleaned up for elite clients that were given access to it also helped with internet problems if arises. If the AYS (At Your Service), took incoming calls and assisted clients with much needed house keeping up keep, Room Service orders and maintained message board. At the Front Desk, assisted with checking in and checking out procedures also maintain and assisted with gift shop sales.
Pros
Great Benefit Package plus big discounts on food and room rates
Cons
Work hours of availability
great starting point for bankers lots of competion lots of extra money to be made by selling accounts opportunity to advance