Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Kansas City, MO

Kansas City, MO131 reviews
The job has its ups&downs the upside they do have benefit package they also need you well&reasonable you can advance to greater task but it takes awhile to do so poor management on communication the rate of pay is terrible all in all you could retire from such &unless have 4 1 k package
Marriott works you hard, pays you little and claims that getting a small discount at any Marriott hotel makes up for the pay. It does not. Additionally there is never any time to use this discount as you are busy working all the time because it is impossible to maintain any sort of permanent front desk staff with the pay they offer them.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything.
Was skeptical to work for another large corporation, seeing as most large organizations focus more on the bottom line then the people working to help reach it. When I was approached by Marriott I decided to work with them because they seemed different. They seemed to promote a healthy, encouraging environment intent on building future leaders. It does not. They had great benefits, decent pay, reasonable schedule all the things you want and need but with it comes an environment that punishes those who speak out about conflicting corporate messages and promotes those who are willing to go along with status quo. My hours were cut from 30 to 28.5, just enough that I no longer qualified for insurance. I wasn’t informed of this until I tried to use my benefits. When brought to their attention I was blamed for not keeping track. Had to wait 90 days for benefits. Difficulties existed for anyone who spoke out against methods not in line with company philosophy.
I was considered a difficult employee who had expectations of my leadership and as a result coincidentally received a customer complaint about my work performance, specifically my attitude towards guests.

If you are the kind of person who can just work a job, this could be a great fit for you. Just don’t try to change, improve, or contribute anything you’ll do just fine. If you’re not a robot and you have a standard you might be able to navigate through. I was not one of those people, better luck next time.
Pros
They had great benefits, decent pay, reasonable schedule, fantastic team mates, interesting and entertaining guests
Cons
poor middle management, culture of entitlement amongst guests, no back-up from managers
I’m encouraged to work by good influential people. Management encourages employees to be a good citizen. I like the evolving work area and culture. I like to share my positive attitude to some who could benefit out of it.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
This management gets extremely tough on Personnell that have worked here over 10 Years. when new management took over I was wrote up for a messy dock at 8 AM that was messed up over the weekend. My shift was 8-4:30. I was suspended 3 days and on probation for 3 months. There have been several other associates that had been there over 10 Years that either got fired or was forced to quit.
We have free lunches and we have a PTO (paid time off) option for the workplace. The hotel has two buildings, The main building and the Muehlebach tower.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Thankful for my experience at the Marriott, I learned a lot. Great opportunity to learn customer service from a company with strong ideals and attention to detail. Appreciated the learning experience.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits, and international company.
Cons
Tough schedule at times.
Gettin supplies ready for the day, cleaning the areas assigned to me and having everything ready for the next shift. I would help out else were that I was needed.
I learned a lot . I wish I still worked there. It was a friendly work environment as well. Room for growth with an the company . Marriott treats employees like family.
This is a great company to work for. You can travel all over the world and relocate as much as you want when you work for the corporate office. I love it!
When in F&B Management, expect to work many more hours than you are getting paid for. People that work there are mostly great. Benefits are awesome. That is the one thing that I will miss the most.
We set up rooms for events and also take stuff out rooms. Set up tables an water stations chairs watever thats needed in the room for the event we make is in there
I will recommend this company if you're looking for something fast pace and new when I first started I didn't know my job but the employees here will help you.
I had a very good experience at the Marriott Until we got a new director over the security Department. she is a real mean.. hey And made everyone feel uncomfortable.
The schedules need to be discussed of you have any other engagements like school for example other than that the pay is good and it is a good work environment.
I was only a temporary and contracted worker for the Marriott Hotel in Kansas City, MO....but my experiences there were overall positive and I was able to work at my own pace.
Responsible for setting up multiple banquet halls for specific purposes such as weddings,
conventions, business promotions.

 Maintained a sanitary atmosphere for guests by thoroughly preparing and maintaining work areas
Racist subculture on all sides and managerial cliques. advancement was based on which manager or exec you were friends with.nothing more to say, dont work there...you will not be happy... they talk a big show but do NOT practice it
Great company to work for. Pretty great benefits. Not enough pay tho. Either way, I'd still probably work there again. You kind of got stuck if you worked in my Dept. They would never hire anyone else in case you wanted to move up or transfer departments.
Pros
Benefits, co-workers, atmosphere.
Cons
Low pay. Very corporate.
It was okay the managers was great but some of the co workers was not easy to get along with but overall enjoyed working there. I liked the fast paced work. I also liked that some of the co workers helped you with the rooms it really was team work
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
It was a great job to have. Work with amazing people and the management busts their butts along side you. They also go out of their way to take care of their employees. We'd sometimes have to work through lunch and they would always order food for us if that was the case. We were well cared for. Only issue was we were poorly staffed and the few of us couldn't keep up.