Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Kansas City, MO

The job has its ups&downs the upside they do have benefit package they also need you well&reasonable you can advance to greater task but it takes awhile to do so poor management on communication the rate of pay is terrible all in all you could retire from such &unless have 4 1 k package
I work to hard for what im payed and was told i could advance and was lied two when it came time for said enhancement the hard est part of jod is haveing to pick up the slack when lazzy implores dont do ther jod .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
To short a braek
Set up station, help PRN, host/assist servers, close station Honesty is an act Poor management and assistant managing (one good supervisor) Policies Leaving!
Pros
save money on food, health benefits
Cons
work environment/specific managers and employees
You will never have the same day twice. Your hours may change, you may have a different shift or you may be doing something way different the next week. Hotel life is fast and busy, but you always way have something to do and meet some incredible people along the way.
Pros
friendly people and good bennifits
A day here at the Marriott is great it can be either feast of famine and when we get in the show starts taking care of the guest complaints and it great when we have no complaints.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent atmosphere great people easily understood amazing hrs!!!! Great learning experience ! Wish I would have gotten to stay longer it really is a dream job
if you're just looking for something temporary or this wouldn't be your first source of income this would be a great environment. Wages aren't enough to support living on your own.
Pros
good people, flexible schedule
Cons
standing all day, lower wages, no room for overtime
Interesting work environment, the mix of security and hospitality is a very hard mix. The lack of job advancement is a the biggest disappointment within the hotel. The lack of team work is also a very big issue with in this industry!
This is a wonderful company to work for. I absolutely adore the hotel I currently work at and the leadership is phenomenal. We are all valued and treated like human beings. I cannot say enough good things about Marriott.
enjoy my job and the work that's provided, the environment is relaxing. love helping and greeting my guests at the hotel and adepting to managing efficiency to company standards.
loved working here but just the timing was off for me. i have 2 kids and it's like you have to dedicate you live to the hotel. there were times i was there from 8am to 9pm at time sometimes longer.
Pros
free lunch and 2 15 min breaks
Cons
long hours, sometimes you didn't have what you needed on your floor and would have to go search for it
The management is very poor here. The turnover is super high. The salary is terrible. The co-workers all have bad attitudes. No-one will work together as a team.
Pros
Management worked wirh my schedule
Cons
No efficiency
A very good place to start making money to pay for college. The benefits it offers is really nice too. The work environment is okay and make you learn how to interact with people.
Work pace is fast paced and stressful. Training is not well coordinated. Compensation does not reflect the effort required. Management not well trained.
I was a housemen for a Marriott Residence Inn. It was a lot of work. I wore multiple hats there. I did a lot of different things that wouldn't fall under the umbrella of housemen. for that reason alone I think compensation should have been much hire given the fact that I was doing cross dept jobs in addition to my own tasks
Pros
steady work
Cons
pay and organization
I had fun at work everyone treated everyone with respect they love to get to know each other and they remember everyone name and made sure that's u have all the tools to work with
Cons
I really enjoyed my job here, I loved the guests, and AT FIRST my coworkers. Then I found out everyone who worked there was two faced and talked behind everyones back. Management is just as bad, and favors butt kissing ghetto trash over others. I was "let go" for having a SMALL problem with another co worker. Not because I did anything wrong at my job.
Cons
trash management
wonderful job I miss the woman, I was partner with washing dishes. me , her both make sure to not get pilled up with dishes. haha sometimes. the servers come in long night . understandable so are we. make long story short we always came out on time working together as a team.
I worked for Marriott for 4 years and was able to work through all areas of the hotel business. I started as a front desk agent and continued my growth moving to housekeeping, the restaurant and then eventually back to the front desk as a manager.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hours
Problem solving skills are a must for this job. Greeted customers, handled card/cash payments. Mid and night shift were responsible for washing/drying/folding all laundry that housekeeping striped from the rooms that morning. A lot of work and exhausting for an 8 hour shift. Impossible to get all your work done. What you didn't finish was passed to the next shift to hopefully finish before morning.
Pros
Benefits for full time workers
Cons
No breaks, lot of hard work
A typical day consisted of a quick meeting in the morning and everyone getting their assignment board for the day. From the first day I worked there, I quickly noticed how unorganized everything is. My supervisors never introduced themselves, they were unfriendly, I had to figure out who was who. Most of my coworkers didn't speak English, so communicating with them was very hard. The hardest part of the job was that a lot of linens were stained which made making beds to be very time consuming. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the guests.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else