Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Kansas City, MO

The job has its ups&downs the upside they do have benefit package they also need you well&reasonable you can advance to greater task but it takes awhile to do so poor management on communication the rate of pay is terrible all in all you could retire from such &unless have 4 1 k package
We put together important business meetings, special events, weddings etc. I learned how to be an excellent leader and read layout plans. Everyone in there designated department works as a team. There was nothing hard about this job and it was easy to move setting up from one event to another.
Pros
Meals
Cons
short breaks
Event Management is an amazing team and it is very much a team effort in everyway because the workload varies in different seasons it very helpful to have a team to help when you are busy.
Pros
Free Cafeteria, Discounts at hotels and Office Environment
Cons
Workload/Salary
Typical corporate ladder scheme. Difficult to get past the employee morale of those who are just there to collect a paycheck and focus on being a great and innovative, observant and accomodating hospitality establishment.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Cafeteria food
Never a dull day at the Marriott. We were short handed for most of the time but pulled through our events with flying colors. The kitchen is fast production and quality food. The hardest part of the job is you are fully detached to this job, there is no outside life or free time. The most enjoyable is there is always something new to do, your never in a rut and you feel like you have accomplished so much in a small amount of time.
Pros
room for creativity
Cons
prepare for a long work day
Very much enjoy with I do which involves extensive guest interaction and quick decision making. I work with caring people. Only real downside is that sometimes requests for needed items(fixing equipment) takes longer than it should. Insurance benefits are very good and reasonable.
You show up at a specific Rock Quarry if you get a load great if not well that sucks for you because you don't make any money if your sittin still....
Pros
Quad Axle Dump Truck
Cons
Getting repairs done on the truck that need to be done
Fun place to work and was able to maintain Customer skills I also did some cooking My position was very easy And I enjoyed the job. Hours were very flexible
Pros
helping customers with the Menu
Cons
N/a
The property since my employment there has changed ownership. Under Marriott International the hotel operated like a traditional airport hotel. Has multiple operating outlets and is staffed competitively.
Downtown kc Marriott was a great place to work. We had to clean guest rooms and public Area of the hotel as well. I really enjoyed working here it was a fun environment.
Pros
They gave discount rooms while working at the hotel. They had dental, and health insurance. And 401k as well.
Cons
They had short lunch breaks, and we had to clean between 18 and 20 rooms per day.
Kc Marriott culture is customer service. Customer rating are the priority. Ongoing customer service is practiced everyday in preshift review meetings.
Pros
Customer service
Cons
Hospitality is not for everyone. But if you're able to be onstage and always take care of the guest, this hotel has great opportunities. The people are what make this hotel great. The new renovation finally gives the hotel a product to match the team that works there.
opinions valued, relationships built as family, high energy, focused on customer service and relationships. I would recommend to anyone interested in a field within hospitality and customer service
Night shift was an awesome experience with the best team of coworkers i have ever had the pleasure of being a part of. Management was extremely awful and everyone left around the same time due to a very unstable management/ worker relationship. It felt very much like the military in how it was ran and with no room for improvement even though we had a team of security with a range of rank from E-2 to E-7 with much experience and improvement skills. No room for promotion or ideas.
Pros
Diversity, Comradeship, Ambition
Cons
Management, Long hours
The one thing that I love most about this company was the management team the management team believed that if they had told you and showed you how much they believed in you that you could succeed in anything and that you would go far in the company the one particular manager that I did have had pushed my potential and shown me that I could be more than I ever imagined that I could be in with his faith in me I believed in myself and threw that I did succeed very very far with the company and two senior
Pros
Great place to work when there's no
Cons
Great place to work when there's no construction
Worked in housekeeping as a keeper and lead staff. Great Managment, daily meetings, weekly pay, hotel discounts. I would work for the Marriott again.
Pros
Daily meetings with Managment
Cons
Business is slower during the winter
work for them for ten years in Kansas city mo as a assist manager.work for cinnabun man the rolls at the Airport at Kansas city over all just a fun job to have
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare
Not interesting in sharing my experience working at the Westin Crown Center. The staff was great at the front desk excluding the upper management team.
Great company to work for, excellent benefits, worldwide organization, except in Independence, MO. Everyone that I have worked with has been excellent.
Pros
great benefits package
Cons
Need in Independence, MO...Marriott owned properties
the work environment was of a high school. A lot of ppl there spend their time gossiping and not working. A lot of stereotyping and prejudices people.
It was educational and fun place to work . While you are working work itself teaches you new things everyday and everybody cares about your dreams ideas.