Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Kansas City, MO

The job has its ups&downs the upside they do have benefit package they also need you well&reasonable you can advance to greater task but it takes awhile to do so poor management on communication the rate of pay is terrible all in all you could retire from such &unless have 4 1 k package
if you do what your told, stock product for service and can work under pressure well, this job is for you. I handled the daily routines well, but when it came to working under pressure, cooking hundereds of dishes a night, getting the dishes out to the customer in a timely manner, I struggled
I liked my job and what I did there but the management team was very appalling, they had they own personal problems and didn't know how to separate business life and personal life. They were not equal.
Pros
Great area
Cons
Bad management
great job hard work fun and exciting employees, arrive at work, load housekeeping cart, enter guest rooms clean to Marriott standards, repeat.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low pay
Helping the cook to prepare food for meals. Wash dishes put them away in the proper place. Keep area clean and neat swept and mop for a clean work place. I did enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Longer breaks
They write you up for everything you do. Then they expect you to do something for them or work over time. When they interview you they lie just so you can take the job i would not suggest someone to work here.
Fun working with everyone, alot of different cultures and learning new things daily. My coworkers are what makes this a fun place to work. My day typically starts with alot of camera monitoring and floor patrols and assisting guests.
I worked as a Room service order taker for 5 months, enjoyed the job and my co-workers. The pay for this job is really low, they didn't tell me until after i was hired how low it was. Management is poor. . Lots of gossip between the manager and the employees, never had a requested day off or a weekend. Management does not put the employees first on anything or even seem like they care .
Pros
Friendly staff Beautiful facility Free employee meals Great benefits Advancment opportunities
Cons
Low paying, BAD unprofessional management
A typical day at the Marriot would constis of making sure that all of the rooms were kept clean after a guest would leave. I learned more on how to clean in a timley manner. Management was always doing their job, very professional, and very understanding. Hardest part about the job would have to be on Sundays when everyone would leaving, becuase you would have people checking out late and you would not be able to get into your rooms.
Pros
Great benfits and always had special things planned for the workers
Cons
Hours
Greet guests and patrons personally, offer appropriate seating arrangements and present menus and take orders. Prepare or serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees, or teas. Clean or sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment. Provide welcoming phone greeting, and following guest ordering procedures.
It was a good solid company, they have great perks, free uniforms and meals, i let to pursue a higher rate of pay.
Wages are nice for the back of the house but favoritism falls in favor of the front of the house. Which creates at times a hostile work environment.
I loved the discount, and I had some really exciting moments. It's very stressful to try and be perfect, so I wish it paid more to make it worth while. But that's the nature of the hospitality industry.
Pros
Free lunches and great stories to tell my kids
Cons
Stress and average pay
My experience at The Marriott was a growing experience. I honed some needed skills and had the opportunity to work with a great staff and upcoming chef. Long hours and creative menus.
Pros
Benefits, Great Talented People
Cons
Long hours, Low pay
I served drinks fluffed pillows and we had a huge water fall in the middle of the bar an I loved it
This is the worst hotel I've ever worked. Horrible hours, the managers don't have any experience, the owners are rude and disrespectful. This company doesn't treat everyone equally and that's their biggest downfall. Im in the process of filling for discrimination
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Short breaks, hours, attendance policy and Human Resources
Starwood is a great company to work for. Great managers and great staff.
Both times working for Starwood was an absolute pleasure. I was constantly challenged, enjoyed all of my colleagues, loved the culture among staff, and was proud to be part of the concept.
Pros
Quality of Service
Cons
Quality of Life
When I arrive I check all phone messages and input any rooming lists for group reservations. My team at work is wonderful, we always help each other. I also have a great manager that really cares about our advancement. The hardest part of my job is watching other departments go short handed on staff and the most enjoyable part is having weekends off.
Pros
Job is Monday-Friday with weekends off
Cons
We have to pay for parking
The Bistro is excellent. On holidays they offer gift cards to employees to show appreciation. They are always trying to progress in hospitality industry. My co-workers were like family. We may argue and joke. But at the end of the day we came together to get the job done.
Pros
Free Lunches, Compensation/Benefits, Free Uniform.
Cons
No Free Parking
I have a good three hours of hard labor a day and then am able to relax as i have completed all the work.
Pros
discount