Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Lakeland, FL

I sometimes had a multitask job by myself due to a short employee but I smiled most of times. I learned a lot and this company treated me as a family.
Pros
Fair Pay and Flexible Work Hours
Cons
No Free Lunch and Short Employees
Nice place to start off good job as a part time basis you meet cool people and its nice to work in a professional atmosphere you get to learn skill !!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Night
Great place to grow,Learn and its always positive. Great place to know your guest and help them feel comfortable like its their home away from home. Managers helps with getting you through the day with great motivation.
A typical day at work would be to check in and check out customers. And in house keeping to ensure the rooms were prepared for the next guest. What I learned about working at a hotel is that it can be very demanding and you have to be very detail orientated when it comes to customers. Always have respect for your management due to hotels are always giving you raises and its just good manners. Don't gossip about your co-workers but try to have a friendly atmosphere cause you have to work and see those people everyday. The hardest part of the job is probably when you make a mistake to be honest. If you on accident give someone a wrong room they are not happy. Again "attention to detail"!!! The most enjoyable part of the job was the extended stay customers that would greet you by name when you come and you could actually call yourself a friend to them.
Pros
Friendships, tips, and clean enviorment
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes angry customers, and strange hours.
Marriott was a excellent place of employment. I moved up quickly in my time there. I started out as a receptionist and ended as a Supervisor in Financial Services. They believe in family values and had mentors for you to talk to about personal issues. They made it a fun place to work. We often took teambuilding trips so everyone had the opportunity to be together outside of work.
Pros
discount rates at hotels
Cons
healthcare to expensive