Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Lincoln, NE

I make sure everything is ok and really to go for the shift make sure the guest is really for lunch and dinner& coffee and other drink's!& Table is ready
This company cuts your hours so that you are not eligible for the health insurance. They work you like crazy and do not appreciate you. Also, they blame front desk staff for not filling the hotel and want you to multitask, pulling you away from the desk. Work the housekeepers like slaves.
Marriott Hotels are, across the board, a step above & ahead of competing hotels. I truly enjoyed the burden free budget offered to stay within Marriott standards. Being stuck with repairs that don't fit in the budget can be very frusterating!
Pros
People, co-workers, budget, condition of rooms
Cons
Was out of the way a bit, No room for a lot of advancement & not enough employees to help with maintenance issues
My job duration here was of 12 months. In this I learnt varied kind of techniques and international cuisines and prepared them as well under guidance of experienced chefs. Totally loved the work!
Pros
Free coffee, And lunches
Cons
Nothing !
I really liked working there even tho it was only a temp position thru a company called LSI Staffing they were all amazing to me.. I left to work at Nelnet
I like my co-worker. Enjoy helping guest when needed.Enjoy company meeting and events.Love having my floor to work on. And I was always on time for work
It was a fun and memorable experience. I learned a lot about the American Culture and I've traveled a lot when I was still in the States. I met a lot of friends and I learned a lot when it comes to the Hospitality Industry
Pros
Free Food, There's Overtime Pay, 50% off discount at any Marriott Hotels
Cons
Sometimes There's No Day off
Love my managers and the family culture but I pay sucked. I loved coming to work because of the culture and coworkers but eventually I needed to find a better paying job.
There was a lot of turmoil with the Old Owners, we never knew if our checks would clear. The Security Team was awesome and Co workers were great!
Great place to work. Face paced environment. Great co-workers. The turnover rate is outrageous for front desk and housekeeping. You get short staffed a lot and have to have a flexible schedule or this is not the job for you.
Pros
Discounts at hotels
Cons
no breaks. you work a 7 hour shift straight through
I was forced to pump my breast milk in the laundry room (with people coming and going). If someone came in or the phone rang I had to stop pumping even if there were others that could have helped --they didn't. My milk dried up and I ended up having to feed my baby formula ($40 a can!!) I wish I knew my rights! Also if I ever sat down to eat the GM looked at me like I was crazy even though he sat on facebook for hours at a time. I couldn't get out of there quick enough.
Easy work in the evenings but for very little pay. Like the job but certain individuals made it difficult to prosper within the company. Would have stayed if I had got better pay for the experience I have.
This hotel was amazing to work at. The hours were manageable, the management was skilled, and I had fun with my coworkers.
7am-3:30pm Weekdays 4:30am-12:30pm Weekends Typical day consist of valeting guest vehicles ( parking & retrieving when needed) Helping guest with luggage to their rooms, shuttling hotel guest to and from airport 11-15trips daily. Refer places of interest to curious guest. Etc I've learned how to deal with a large variety of people from all over the world, allowing me to build phenomenal customer service skills and self confidence. Hardest Part- Constant standing, weather, no known promotions within valet dept. Most Enjoyable- Co workers, hours, benefits, conferences, events
Pros
Free lunch, work hours, co workers, experiences, benefits, guest
Cons
Constant standing and heavy lifting, working outdoors, weather
I have enjoyed my time at The Cornhusker! I have learned so much in my 3 years.
Chance to serve exciting people daily. Many celebrity and governmental officials.
Pros
discounts
Cons
parking
It is a great place to work, just the pay and demand are not equal.
I love this job, I have worked here since I was in college, its like a second family to me, but I feel like I need to do something within the field that I graduated in and deal with children like I want to.
Pros
great benefits, job security and advancement
Cons
type of work