Marriott International, Inc.
Coronavirus update
Information from Marriott International, Inc.:

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles, CA144 reviews
Best company I’ve ever worked in. The best. I got hired in 2019 and automatically since day one of orientation felt the warm welcoming from the Hotel Manager and executives. Definitely a different work experience.
Pros
Free lunch. Pay.
Cons
Everyday you see/learn something new. It’s exciting with a great culture. Associates are valued. Excellent training programs and advancement is encouraged
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Paid parking
I make good money , staff is nice, we always have nice lunches and it’s a positive environment I really love working for this company and I plan to retire with Marriott
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Sometimes tored
I get fairly paid for my job. There are opportunities for employees to be transferred to other departments or to get promoted. Benefits are great. Interview was quick. Most coworkers are friendly and supportive. Management could use some improvements. From my personal experience, management expects you to be trained by others and not them. Some are easily irritated when you ask questions. Seniority exists in the workplace so expect to be of low priority in terms of vacation requests or shift changes.
Benefits
Cons
Customer Complaints, Management
I’ve been with Marriott for a long time. Very conservative company, a lot of opportunity if you have patience! Great for those who like to play by the rules...
Marriott is a great company to work for. Great benefits, including but not limited to, free employee cafeteria, hotel discount. Also, opportunities to work domestically or internationally.
Ok pay and free Benefits.just no help on moving up everything is on your own . Lots of lazy management. Seniority people take advantage of the new employees.
Pros
Free benefits n food
Cons
No help to move up
Offer an unforgettable guest experience, management always aware of employees needs, positive place to work, A lot of multitasking, enjoying personal connections with all guests
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Marriott International is the largest hospitality company to work for here in the USA. My favorite work perks are the travel benefits - associates get an amazing discount off hotel rooms and some F&B, spa and retail outlets onsite. Associates are also offered great discounts on car rentals, show tickets, retail merchandise, etc. I love the fact that Marriott offers free rooms for life once you achieve your 25th work service anniversary with the company. Working for the above property/shared service corporate division, I also get to take advantage of the Brilliant Points system which allows me earn incentive points to redeem for various rewards from an extensive catalog. I have loved every team I have worked with and had great leadership support throughout my career as well. I definitely recommend working under Marriott as you can receive a lot of great benefits, not just for travel but also for medical, health, and life insurances and retirement options.
Pros
Great associate travel benefits, medical/health/life insurance coverage, retirement options, associate discounts on car rentals & show tickets etc., our CEO Arne Sorenson is truly amazing and quite the inspiration as well
Cons
Wish I was getting paid more, always felt shortchanged compared to fellow associates doing same job but get paid more, also wish we were being given Disaster Relief pay for COVID 19 layoffs
The L.A. Live property still has a long way to go in terms of enforcing and cultivating a healthy and positive work environment. There is clearly a lack of respect for diversity.
Sobrecarga de trabajo, malos compañeros, habladurías por doquier, caras falsas y todo en malísimas condiciones desde ropa de cama y limpieza en general de las habitaciones, un asco!!.
I worked in ten different properties for Marriott hotel and three different brands! I worked in food and beverage and housekeeping department. I enjoyed my time and experience in this Company. I have many string skills working for the hotel and have a great customer relations skills.
Great place to work. Great management. Benefits. free lunches. Appreciation program. Everybody nice and friendly. Flexible schedules. Hotel discounts around the world.
Pros
free lunches, benefits
Cons
The work culture creates a friendly but competitive environment. You learn to work as a team and also provide support for your entire staff. An opportunity to grow (promotion) with in the company in a short period of time.
Pros
Learn to grow as a team.
Cons
Must complete an assignment while adopting to the change of work environment.
it is a great place to work, sometimes I can be challenging depending of the leaders we are working with.
the hardest part of the job there is no enough skills learners
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short break
Those that i worked with were phenomenal at their jobs. I learned so much from everyone I worked with which contributed to such a productive work environment. However, the hotel overall is very short staffed which stretched everyone very thin having to work OT just about every week. The hardest part was having to find creative ways to explain to guests why room weren't ready in a timely fashion, the HVAC system was consistently failing, outdated room designs (specifically the bathrooms), amongst other issues. Prior to my exit, the hotel was, and is, in process of making some major improvements in staffing and infrastructure. I'm grateful for the position I held there and for all I learned. I would recommend it to anyone looking for employment.
Es una compañia muy Buena en todos Los aspectos' todos Los trabajadores dan su maximo esfuerzo por la compañia'te hacen sentir como una familia el hotel
Pros
Todo
Cons
Ninguna
Mucho hanviente y muchas oportunidades de a Vance 👍
Starwood Hotels & Resorts was purchased by Marriott in 2014. I worked 13 total years for Starwood, and enjoyed every minute. They were a great company and provided me with so much direction and career progression.
A typical day of working at the Marriot is very slow on the weekdays, but on the weekends it's very fast-paced, enough to keep you busy for a brief moment. A lot of people are checking in and out rooms and provide them with food service. You also clean the building, greet people outside the building, etc.
Pros
Free food, An hour break
Cons
I was live sound technician here for an internship and it was an ok place to learn live sound. Pretty small lobby. workload was difficult because all sound equipment was on the other side of the hotel and tough to get it to the lobby.